Chapter 20

Kat's POV
"I'll be back at five."

"Kat run!"

I look and my cell opens and Grace walks in, the world goes dark and I am slammed on the bed all over again.

I wake up screaming. Liam was off the bed in an instant but by my side. I was so grateful to have him here with me.
"Shh it's okay, it's over." He whispered as he hugged me, playing with my hair. I smiled and snuggled into his embrace. I let out a deep breath in order to slow down my shivering, but it wasn't working so I hugged Liam tighter. He kissed my forehead gently.
I still could sit up yet, so the position of the hug was awkward, but I didn't care, I needed it. "You're okay baby. I'm here." He whispered and I nodded and smiled at the pet name, so cheesy, but it made me happy.
"It's going to be okay, I'll get better." I whispered and I felt him smile.
"You're so brave." He said to me and I laughed. I didn't feel very brave at all, I felt disgusting and I felt like I wanted to cry all the time...I really didn't feel brave, but the fact that he thought I was meant the world to me.
Since he found me he was looked as guilty, he avoided eye contact, he was stiff when we cuddled and I heard him apologizing to me when he thought I was asleep.
"Liam, there's something I have to tell you."
"Tell me." He frowned, but didn't look at me. I lifted his chin so his eyes met mine.
"Look at me." I whispered. "None of this is your fault."
"I'm your bodyguard Kat." He looked down at his hands. "A bodyguard is supposed to protect his employer, I love you, I'm supposed to protect you with my life, because I love you, and I didn't. I can't forgive myself for what I have let happen to you." I grabbed his hand gently in mine and made him look at me again. I placed his hand on my heart.
"It's beating...I am alive, and I am alive because of you.
You are not responsible for what Grace had done to me, you are not responsible for the betrayal of Joe.
But you are responsible for putting a little bit of heaven in my hell. You are responsible for making me happy. You are responsible for always being honest with me and you are responsible for saving my life.
The little things matter to me, like you making me tea before I wake up, or you leaving me a note so I don't get worried, or you introducing me to your friends, or you refusing to leave my side throughout this entire nightmare. I am so grateful that I have you in my life, Liam. " He seemed to have relaxed a little and put his forehead against mine, his hand cupping my cheek. A smile on his lips.
"Thank you." He said simply and I smiled.
He made me so happy I didn't know why or how but he did, and I appreciate everything that he does for me.
There was a moment of comforting silence before a knock on my door. Liam and I pulled away and looked at the door, as if it would simply read our minds and open itself.
"Oh, come in." I said and laughed at myself for not responding earlier. My mom walked in with caution and wariness. She looked at Liam and then at me.
"Katherine, I believe Liam has told you what happened?" She asked holding her handbag nervously. My dad was behind her and he looked distraught when his eyes landed on me. I guess I looked that bad.
"That you have been lying to me since I was 12? I know." I whispered but she shook her head.
"He didn't tell you." I looked at him and he stood up while looking at my mom, he was holding his protective stance, whatever she had to tell me, he wanted to protect me from it, and that made me nervous. I held his hand tightly in mine, earning a frown from my parents by they waved it off.
"Now is not the time." Liam said standing beside me.
"She needs to know while we are in the hospital." My dad argued, my mom tensed up at that but she nodded in agreement. My dads hand went to my moms shoulder to comfort her. Liam's jaw was clenched. I was scared now.
"What is it?" I laughed nervously.
"Don't, I'm begging you please don't." Liam begged.
"You're pregnant." Liam ran his hands through his hair in frustration, my mom and dad were saying something to me but I couldn't hear a thing. The words kept running through my mind.
"That's impossible." I whisper.
"I don't know how it survived through the shot but abortion is-" my mom says and I shake my head.
"No I'm not having an abortion. And I'm not talking about the babies survival."
"What?" Everyone asked at once. Each person was possibly asking 'what' to a different part of my sentence, my parents are probably confused as to why I won't have an abortion, Liam is probably wondering what is impossible.
"He was infertile." I said and looked at Liam. "We forgot a condom...this is not his baby Liam, it's ours, and I would be damned if I get an abortion." I said and his whole face lit up.