Chapter 29

4 years later

Today I just graduated from law school, I ran out of the building and jumped into Liam's arms, and he kissed me lovingly.
"You did it baby." He whispered to me and I smiled and kissed him again.
"Mommy!" Aria called and Liam put me down so that I could be tackled by my little daughter.
"Hi monkey!" I greeted as I gave her kisses on her cheeks and she giggled.
"Mommy a lawyer!" She said and I smiled at her as she pronounced 'lawyer' as 'yoywer'.
"Not just yet baby, but I do have my degree, therefore I can be a lawyer now." I said and she looked like she was thinking for a bit but smiled widely at me, making my heart jump with joy. She was now four years old and I was 22 years old, Liam 24, my heart ached at how fast the time has gone by, it has been the best 4 years of my life, and I guess that's why they have passed by so fast.
"And there's my best friend!" Mia said as she tackled me to the floor...just as I stood up from my daughters tackle. I laughed as she squealed with excitement.
"Mia! Haha! Stop! I'm...gonna...haha...I'm gonna pee!" I said as she tickled me. Whoever said that being a mother matured you...is a liar and has never met my best friend.
"Oreooo!" I heard Jace say as he ran to Aria. He always struggled to say Aria's name but it just became a nickname for her now, which I found really cute. Jace has grown so big, but Aria is taller than him for now.
"Jacey!" She said as she tackled him to the floor and laughed her head off as he came down with an 'oof'. Liam looked at Derek and Derek frowned until he caught on to what Liam was thinking.
"Don't be such a dad!" Liam said as he tackled him to the grass and they went tumbling down the hill.
"I'll have you know I am the best dad ever! Right babe?" Derek asked Mia as he got up, straightening his shirt and glaring at Liam. Mia and I were standing again and watching Jace playfully chase Aria around the fountain in front of the building.
"Yeah sure." Mia replied and planted a kiss on his cheek as he rolled his eyes when Liam stuck his tongue out at him.
"Oh shut up Liam." He retorted and Liam laughed and came by my side planting a kiss on my lips.
"I love you." He said randomly and I smiled, I loved it when he said it out of the blue like that.
"I love you too." I said smiling up at him.
"Are we still looking after Aria tonight?" Mia asked and I frowned, I didn't know about this, but before I could answer Liam answered for me.
"That would be great, thank you Mia." He said and she smiled at us.
"No problem, we love having her around." Derek replied as she hid between his legs, giggling as Jace chased her. He was fast and I knew he was letting her win, which made me smile.
"Well thank you, guys." I said, even though I was a bit confused as to why my daughter was not going to be home tonight. It's not like we pass her onto Derek and Mia whenever we have sex so I know that's not it.
"Stop thinking about it, I just want you to myself tonight." He whispered in my ear and I rolled my eyes with a smile. His arm was around my waist comfortably. He knew me too well. "I'm going to take you out for a date, remember, like we used to?" He teased and I laughed.
"You did that once!" I said and he looked back at me and smiled cheekily.
"And wasn't it the best night of your life?" He asked and I smiled and nodded, it really was.
"Fine! You win! You're amazing." I said and he did a mini fist pump which made me laugh. "What do you have in mind?" I asked and he looked at me like I was crazy.
"I can't tell you! Just wear something pretty." He said and Mia jumped in.
"Shopping time!" She said and I laughed and nodded at her.
"Okay fine. We can take the kids out too, go get some sushi? My treat?" I offered but she shook her head.
"No! I mean yes to the kids and to the sushi that sounds great! But no! You graduated today, my treat." She insisted and I rolled my eyes but agreed.
"You know what that means?" Derek said to Liam.
"Boys day?" Liam offered and Derek nodded excitedly.
"You can pay, don't stress." Derek said and Liam put a hand over his heart and battered his eyes at Derek.
"How did you know that that was exactly what I was wanted?" He asked sarcastically, to which Derek placed a hand on his shoulder.
"I know you babe." He said and Liam fanned himself dramatically, causing Mia and I to roll our eyes as Aria started fanning herself like her dad.
"Such a Prince Charming." Liam said and Derek smacked him up the head, causing a punching contest between them.
"Should we leave them?" Mia offered and I nodded and laughed as Aria giggled with joy as her dad picked her up and ran around the parking lot.
"What about mommy?!" Aria exclaimed and Liam turned to come get me. My eyes widened and I tried running away but he caught me and threw me over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. "Hi mommy!" Aria said from Liam's other shoulder and I laughed at her sweet smile. Liam gave my bum a tap twice before putting Aria down and then me, but he didn't let me go, instead he pulled me closer.
"Forever mine." He whispered.