Chapter 12

Kat's POV
I woke up the next morning and Liam had his arm wrapped around me as I lay on his bare chest. My tea was next to the bed with a red rose and a chocolate. I smiled as I looked up at him as he read a book.
"Good morning." I said and he looked down at me, put his book down and smiled.
"Good morning beautiful." He said as he kissed my forehead. "How are you feeling?" He asked as I sat up with him. He pulled me into his lap, we were both still naked.
"Amazing, how are you feeling?" I asked with a smile.
"Disgusted, ew, I cannot believe we had sex, how gross?" He joked. I laughed and slapped his arm. "Obviously I feel fucking brilliant. But I am making sure I didn't hurt you too badly..." He said nervously. I blushed and shook my head.
"You didn't, you're just rather large." I said with a light laugh. He cupped my cheek and kissed me gently on my lips.
"You're so beautiful." He said and I smiled.
"Thank you, i suppose you're handsome too." I said and he laughed.
"Oh you suppose?"
"I mean I guess."
"Oh shit up, I make you horny remember?" I laughed and bit my lip lightly.
"You do." I said as I kissed his cheek.
"I know I do." He said with a smirk. I laughed and got off his lap, grabbing my tea.
"What's for breakfast?" I asked as i began to get increasingly more hungry.
"I was thinking of taking you out." He said and I rolled my eyes.
"You took me out last night, I'll pay this time." I said and he shook his head and stood in front of me and brought me closer to him.
"No, that's not how this works." He said and I rolled my eyes and smiled softly at him.
"You're impossible!" I said and he smiled cheekily at me, making me laugh.
"Oh I almost forgot!" He said and I looked at him with a confused look. "Okay well I actually did forget last night but to be fair you were very distracting." He said quickly and I laughed, he took a deep breath and took my hands in his.
"Miss John." He started and I rolled my eyes but I felt intense butterflies.
"Mr Carnes."
"I think I am falling helplessly I love with you." He said and I blushed, my heart was filled with warmth and I couldn't help but smile. "I can't stand the thought of other people thinking that they can have a chance with you, I am jealous, I want you to be all mine, I don't want you to have anyone look at you because only I can. I can't sand the thought of you holding hands...or worse, kissing, someone else." He said and I laughed. "I already see you as mine and it may be wrong that I have taken possession over a free soul, but I am asking you for permission now...Katherine John will you be mine?" He asked and I smiled and kissed him deeply.
"I think I'm falling in love with you too. Yes I'm all yours." I said and he kissed me again, with more passion and want.
"Fuck you taste good." He said and I remembered last night and I got a new set of butterflies again.
"Mmm, so do you."
"Don't get me started because I will put you back in that bed and start last night all over again." He promised and I laughed despite the goosebumps and butterflies that the thought gave me.
"Let's go eat please. I'm hungry." I said and he laughed and nodded.
"Of course." He said. I kissed him on the cheek.
"Where do you want to go?" He asked as he helped me clip my bra. I smiled because nobody has ever helped me get dressed before, they have only helped to me get undressed so we can have sex. I realized then that maybe he was different.

We went to a quaint coffee shop by the beach, and we sat outside and enjoyed each other's company with sweet small talk and big coffees. There were children playing soccer on the beach, they were busy passing it to one another and tackling each other while laughing as their parents scolded them for rolling in the sand just before they had to get in the car. That was a beautiful image that I couldn't get out of my head, they were an average family, not trying to pretend to be perfectly happy, but they loved each other and they were close.
Liam looked at what I was looking at and took my hand in his as he smiled at me. I returned the smile and looked down happily at how his big calloused hand covered my small and unworked and smooth hands.
"Walk with me?" He asked and I nodded and smiled. We paid for the bill and walked onto the beach, hand in hand.
The breeze played with my hair and brushed on my skin, leaving a sweet feeling on my skin and putting a smile on my face. I closed my eyes and stood for a moment just to enjoy the feeling of Liam's hand in mine, the breeze brushing my skin and dancing with my hair, to enjoy the feeling of the hot sun beating down on my body.
"You're so beautiful." He said randomly, which made me open my eyes and looked at him as he stared at me. The breeze made his messy brown hair even messier and sexier than it usually is. His shirt was tugged up by the sudden burst of wind and I got get another glimpse of his perfect body. I bit my lip as I stared at him, his pink lips, his hazel eyes with green flecks in them, his messy hair, sharp jawline, and back to his lips, as his tongue ran over his bottom lip gently. Oh dear lord what is this boy doing to me?
My stomach erupted with butterflies as he looked at me, waiting for my reaction on his compliment, which I now realized was taking a while for me to reply to. I smiled at the feeling in my stomach, which made him furrow his eyebrows but smile anyway. I threw my arms around his neck and suddenly kissed him deeply.
"What was that for?" He asked when we pulled away. His hands on my back pulling me closer as he drew comforting circles around my back, making me feel safe and at home in his arms.
"I am so grateful that I got you as my bodyguard." I replied.