Chapter One

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"Jaesun." I called out, my body slumped onto his couch. "Jae!" I yelled a little the moment he doesn't respond, "it's starting!" I said as I bring my knees to my chest, getting cozy.

"Shit, shit, shit." I hear him cuss under his breath, followed by little footsteps. "Here!" He tossed me a beer can and I almost miss it. "Oh my gosh, how much kernel did you put in?" I asked as I looked at the three bowls of popcorn he was struggling with.

"They said put in 8 cups, there's still more in the kitchen." He laughed as he shook his head, his blonde hair swaying with the motion.

"They meant 1/4 of the kernel is equal to 8 cups, Jae!" I chuckled as I hit his chest lightly.

"This is why I said, you should never put me in the kitchen." He placed two of the bowls onto the coffee table before getting comfortable.

"Oh, and I should be in the kitchen so that I can set everything on fire again?" I narrowed my eyes at him and his expression drops, "you're right. You're never going back in there." He said with a straight face but ended up breaking into a fit of laughter the moment he recalled that day.

"Okay, shut up. It's starting." I gave a quick peck to his lips right before burying myself in his chest as I fixed my eyes on the screen.

"I still don't get why you like old movies." He said, stuffing his face with popcorn.

"Tch- they're amazing and Stand by Me is a classic. Now shush, you promised to watch this with me." I tapped his thigh lightly as I tried getting into a comfortable position. I ended up laying on his lap.

"Ah, I love this part! River Phoenix is so-" I looked up and noticed him dozing off, the bowl of popcorn almost rolling out of his hands.

I catch it in the nick of time and placed it on the table, along with the other two bowls as I stared at his sleeping form. I let out an exasperated sigh as I threw my head back.

"So much for making it up to me." I let out bitterly as I got up, going to his room to retrieve a blanket. I draped it over him as I slumped onto the couch again, wanting to finish the movie but just as I sat down, my phone buzzes.

"Areum!" My sister exclaimed on the other side of the line.

"Aera, what's wrong?" I asked, jumping onto my feet, preparing to leave. My heart started thumping against my chest as I thought about the worst case scenario.

"It's dad!"

"Oh my God, what happened?" My chest heaving at this point as I got ready to wake Jae up.