Chapter Nineteen

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

I rang the doorbell, balancing the pint of ice cream and bottle of vodka in my hands as I waited for Nani to answer the door.

A second later, she opens it and the moment she sees my form she gasped a little, "oh no." She eyed the bottle of alcohol. "Come on," she waved me towards her home and closed the door behind me.

She set two glasses in front of me, "I know you hate drinking, especially in the day." She sighed, pouring the bitter liquid into the glass. "So what's wrong?" She asked, her voice soft and cautious.

My eyes still remained fixed onto the ground, "Jaesun cheated." I breathed out.

"What?" She gasped, eyes widening almost as though they were about to pop out of its socket.

"But I did too." I said and my eyes finally trailed up to meet hers.

"Oh." She goes a little quiet, her brows furrowing as she tried to understand the situation. She exhaled a deep breath, taking a shot of the vodka right before turning to look at me. "So spill."

And I did, I told her everything. But I made sure to leave Taehyung's name out of it.

"Are you still going to be with him?" She asked and I groaned, taking a shot right after. I winced at the bitter sting that burned its way down my throat.

"No?" I shrugged, not certain.

"Areum, I'm not going to defend your mistake but you can't compare what you did to Jaesun." Nani said and I simply fidgeted with my sweater, picking at the loose threads.

"He cheated because he was scum. You were hurting." She tapped me lightly, trying to get me to meet her gaze. "That doesn't make you a hypocrite for feeling hurt or for leaving."

"But it's still wrong." I buried my face into the palm of my hands.

"You're right. It is." Nani let out bluntly. "Call me bias, but he's still worse."

My phone buzzed in that second and I looked at it.

"Is that him?" She asked.

"Yea, it's Jae. He wants to meet me." I sighed, taking in deep breaths to calm myself.

"You should go. Settle this once and for all." She said, gently rubbing my shoulder in comfort.

"You're right."

『⋅∘➶∘⋅』

"What do you mean she's just your friend?" I yelled, looking at him with an incredulous look.