Chapter Five

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"Nope, nope, nope." I said as I went through my clothes one by one. Finally, I spot a red bralette that was folded in the corner. I slipped it on, wearing an oversized jacket over it and paired it with my black boots.

I walked out, only to find Aera running towards the door whilst trying to wear an earring. "Taehyung!" She chimed the moment she sees him standing at our doorstep. Her gaze droops to his arms where she spotted a little bag, "aw, Tae. You know I don't eat chocolate." She said with a pout.

"I know, it's for Areum." Taehyung said as he looked inside our house, trying to spot me and he did. A smile crept up his lips the moment his eyes met mine.

He walked past Aera and made his way towards me, sticking out the little bag. "For you." Taehyung beamed, the corners of his lips stretching upwards into a wide grin.

"Really?" I peeked into the bag and noticed the box of chocolate pie. "Oh my gosh, you didn't." I looked up at him in disbelief as he nodded triumphantly.

"I went back the moment you left." He said and I smiled at how thoughtful he was. "That's not all." He said and my brows furrowed, "look inside." He told me and I did.

"Seriously?" I let out, eyes wide with astonishment as I stared at the movie he rented. "Mr Mom." I chuckled looking at the packaging, "you rented it?"

"I thought we should keep things old school." He said and I instantly wrap my arms around him, hugging him, my joy taking over me. "We'll watch this tomorrow, here?" He asked and I nodded.

"We made a reservation and we're going to be late if we don't leave." Aera peeps and the both of us look at her standing at the door.

"Right," I said before putting the pie in the fridge and walked towards her.

"Aren't you going to dress up?" She asked and I snapped out of annoyance. "I am dressed." I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Oh, you're wearing that?" She questioned.

"Yea, what's wrong?" I shook my head as I grabbed my purse.

"N-nothing, just an interesting choice for a date." She gave me a judging eye right before turning to Taehyung, wanting support. But instead, he clicked his tongue.

"I think she looks fine." He looked down at Aera who simply shrugged, untangling herself from Taehyung as she walked out in her mini dress. "Let's go!" She yelled from Taehyung's car.

Taehyung gave me a weak smile right before walking out behind her. I sighed, my mood getting obliterated by my sister's comment. I grabbed my keys from the side table and walked out.

"Isn't Jae picking you up?" She asked as she watched me enter my car. I could tell this was going to be another judgemental question.

"Nope," I let out bluntly before unlocking my car.

"Oh-" I hear her choke a little, "If that's the case, then you can just ride with us." She offered and I instantly shook my head.

"Spare me the horror." I rolled my eyes, not wanting to be subjected to being the third wheel. I heard Taehyung chuckle as Aera hissed. I got into my seat and started my car.

⋅•⋅

"Finally," Jaesun sighed, getting up the moment he sees my form enter the restaurant. I go in to give him a hug but he moves away. "I was expecting a dress." He said, a little shocked and for some reason it agitated me.

"That's what I said." Aera interjected.

"Why would I need to wear a dress?" My face scrunched up in slight disgust the moment I realised the both of them agreeing with each other.

"It's been a while since we went out on a date, I just thought you'd put in more effort." Jae said as he sat himself down in front of me.

"Then you should've worn a tux." I mumbled under my breath, taking my seat. He simply ignored my statement, introducing himself to Taehyung.

Taehyung pulled out the chair for Aera right before taking a seat himself, next to Jae. I stayed silent as the 3 of them were immersed in a conversation. After a while a waiter came, writing down our orders.

"And she'll have the same." Jae spoke for me.

"Oh, actually, I'd like the baked rice." I said and he rolled his eyes. My brows instantly knitted together upon seeing his reaction. He has been acting differently the moment I got here, this was just the tip of the iceberg.

Having enough of his bad attitude, I decided to speak out. "Jae, can I talk to you?" I asked the moment the waiter left. I got up and walked to a secluded corner with him following behind me.

"What's going on?" I asked and he gave me a blank look.

"What do you mean?" He threw back a question, his eyes fixed on his fingers, not daring to meet my gaze.

"I mean, what's with the attitude? You've been so weird ever since I got here." I said and he sighed, his shoulder relaxing as he threw his head back.

"I'm sorry, I had a bad day today." His head dropped, his eyes looking down at me.

"So you decided that it's my fault?" I crossed my arms over my chest, eyeing his form as a certain anger built up in me. I always hated being his emotional punching bag.

"No, it isn't. I'm sorry." He reached out and rubbed my arm. My eyes remained glued to him as I stared at him with a cold look. "Come on, Areum." He let out softly, trying to get me to lighten up but honestly, I just wasn't feeling it.

"I really wanted today to be a good day." I said, walking ahead of him as I made my way back to the table.

"Everything okay?" Aera whispered from beside me and I gave a single nod. As Jae sat down in front of me, our food came all at once and we began eating.

I remained silent through out the dinner and felt Taehyung pass me the occasional glances, as though to see if I was alright. In two hours we were done with our meal and I hadn't peeped a single word.

We stood up and Jae bid them both goodbye and turned to look at me. He pressed his lips into a thin line as he nodded his head, walking away without saying a thing.

"I'll see you at home." I said weakly to Aera as she remained seated. Taehyung sighed, "I'll walk her out, it's late." He told Aera and she nodded.

Taehyung got up and walked me out to my car.

"You okay?" He asked cautiously as we strolled to the parking lot.

"Mmhmm," I hummed, eyes fixated onto the night sky. I admired how the darkness draped over the entire sky like a thick curtain, with the stars piercing through it with it's gleaming light.

"I don't know what happened in there but tomorrow shall be a good day." He smiles as we reach my car.

I turned around, giving him a weak smile and I knew it wasn't going to convince him.

He inched closer to me, my face inches away from his chest. My neck craned upwards, his brown orbs meeting mine as he looked down at me. "I'll make sure of it." He said, close to a whisper.