Chapter Fifty Nine

Mature content towards the end. Skip if you aren't comfortable!

 Skip if you aren't comfortable!

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"Taehyung's been acting weird recently," I said as I bit into the burger.

"Weird how?" Nani asked, sipping onto her Cola.

"I don't know, he just seems a little out of it." I sighed, slumping further into my seat as I tried to think about it. "Sometimes he's distant but other times it's like he's the happiest person." I say and her expression goes dark.

"You don't think-" and she trailed off a little and I almost choke.

"No!" I shook my head, "he would never." I gasped but Nani didn't look too convinced. "He's not cheating!" I snapped and she raised her hands in surrender.

"Alright, fine." She placed her burger down.

"Anyway, I think I'll just speak to him tonight. He should be here now, so I'll get going." I rush in to give Nani a quick hug as I bid her goodbye.

I walk out of the diner, expecting to see Taehyung but another familiar brunette greets me. "I don't think that you and I got off on the right foot." Jimin said the moment he catches the look of agitation on my face.

"You think?" I chuckled a little as I walked towards him. "Where's Taehyung anyway?" I asked and he stutters a bit, getting flustered.

"He-he got stuck at work." He nodded to himself, trying to convince me but the look of uncertainty in his face irked me.

"Taehyung's at work? Really?" I questioned as I got in the car, narrowing my eyes at him and he nodded vigorously.

"No- Yes!" He yelled a little, catching me off guard and I flinch. "He got held back." He let out, a little fidgety and my brows naturally furrow.

"You're lying, aren't you?" I asked, tapping him for him to look at me but he doesn't budge.

"What?" His voice goes higher, "no I'm not." Jimin shook his head, not daring to meet my gaze.

"Where is he, Jimin?" I asked and he continued shaking his head as he began driving.

"He knows I'm bad with secrets." He murmured to himself bitterly, "yet he asked me to do this huge thing." He started ranting to himself and I wasn't sure if he knew I could hear him.

"You know I can hear you, right?" I cocked my head to the side and he threw me a quick glance.

"This is what I mean! I can't keep a secret!" He hits the steering wheel with a little frustration.