Chapter Twenty One

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

With my back pressed against a wall, I watched Aera and Taehyung speak to each other from the corner of my eye. I waited outside Jaesun's ward, wanting to witness whatever was about to happen between the both of them.

I felt my chest raise with a certain anxiousness every time Aera inched closer towards Taehyung. I couldn't figure out the exact feeling I was feeling, but having her that close to Taehyung made me feel weird for some reason.

And then I instantly jerk the moment I see her swing her arms over his neck, hugging him tightly. Without thinking, my legs pulled me towards them but come to a sudden halt the moment Taehyung wrapped his arms around her. 

I feel my throat tighten as I watched the scene unfold before me, and then I hear a voice call out from one of the wards.

"Areum," Jae peeped from the ward. I close my eyes, brushing off every thought that swarmed my mind as I breathed out. I spun on my heel and made my way to his ward. "Are you okay?" He asked, eyeing my form intently and I simply nod, slumping onto a seat next to his bed.

"So the doctor said I'll be getting discharged in a day or two, depending on how many tests they have to run. They'll tell me more later." He said and I nod once more, fidgeting with my fingers as I drowned in my thoughts but they were rudely interrupted by a knock on the door. My neck swung towards it, seeing Aera walk in with Taehyung behind her.

All I could do was frown at Taehyung as the both of them sat on the empty bed that was in front of us. Taehyung looked at me for a brief moment, shaking his head right before sitting next to Aera.

I couldn't understand what he meant by that. Did it mean I didn't have to worry or was it the complete opposite?

"Jae, how are you feeling?" Aera asked, breaking the deafening silence that fell heavy upon us.

"I'm okay, I don't really-" and I zone out, every word he spouted going completely past me as I stared at Taehyung, trying to get him to meet my gaze but he doesn't.

I fished out my phone and sent him a message, asking him to meet me at the lift lobby and in a second he stands up. "I have to use the washroom, I'll be back." He said and with that, he left the ward.