Chapter Sixteen

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"Areum," my sister called out as her head poked out from behind my door. "Could you help me with something?" She asked and I said yes almost immediately.

I've been drowning in guilt for the past month, knowing that I ended her relationship with Taehyung and I've been trying my best to help her out in any way possible.

"Could you help me pass these to Taehyung?" She asked and I feel my heart drop to my stomach.

"What?"

"It's just a few of his things." She sighed, "it hurts to look at them so I'd rather give them back." She said, sticking out a bag of things in front of her.

She noticed the hesitant look in my eyes, "please." She pleaded, her eyes broken and lost. I sighed as I stood up and approached her.

"Alright," I gave in, grabbing the bag from her hands. "I'll go tomorrow." I gave her a weak smile as she hugged me, "thank you. I don't know what I'll do without you." She whispered and I feel my heart sink.

This side of Aera was alien to me, she had never been the soft, emotional sister. So the fact that she was showing me this side of her showed how hurt she was, making me feel worse about myself.

I let out an exasperated sigh the moment she left my room. I slumped onto my bed, thinking about how I was going to face Taehyung after that night.

A text message gets me to snap out of my thoughts.

I hope you're ready! I have something exciting planned.
7:30PM

I read the message from Jae and instantly sprung to my feet, remembering the dinner date we had. I quickly got ready, dabbing on a little make up and perfume as I rushed out, meeting him.

I'd like to believe that things were finally changing between us. Ever since he started putting in effort to make us work.

I met him at the restaurant, and there he was seated at the table draped in a suit. "Hey," I said and he instantly got up, smiling as he pulled me into his embrace. He gave a quick peck to my cheek as he sat back down.

"Well, you're late." He narrowed his eyes at me, "but it's fine." He sat up quickly, beaming.

"Someone's in a good mood." I chuckled and he grinned.

"I'm just excited for the little something I prepared." He gave me a cheeky grin, his eyes glimmering with excitement. "I'm sure you'll love it."

All I did was giggle as our food was served to us.

"This is amazing." I almost moan as I bit into the steak.