Chapter Forty Four

This chapter contains mature content

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

The both of us entered his apartment in silence. There was still a weird tension between us after what happened. I could tell Taehyung was still deep in thought and just out of it.

I went to his kitchen, taking a glass of water and gulped down my painkiller. "Are you okay?" I asked the moment I see Taehyung rubbing his knuckles. I leave the glass of water on the countertop as I went towards him.

"Hm?" Taehyung looked up at me, almost like I had just pulled him out of his own headspace. His eyes drop back to his knuckles as he nodded, "yea, I'm fine." He brushed it off as he settled down.

"Was it from just now?" I sat myself next to him, attempting to hold his hand but he pulls away, his gaze falling to the ground.

"It's nothing really," he tried dropping it but I wouldn't let him.

"Taehyung, come on." I breathed out and his eyes finally meet mine. "Let me see," I frowned a little and with a sigh he stuck his hand out.

"Does it hurt?" I took his hand into mine, studying his reddened knuckles.

"Not that bad." Taehyung shook his head, his left hand ruffling up his hair lightly.

"I'll get you some ice," I try to get up but he stops me.

"It's fine."

"It'll help with the-" And I was stopped the moment he held either sides of me.

"Stop it." He lets out and I go silent. "Just stop," he shook his head as he released his grip, massaging his forehead. I notice his chest start heaving as he began taking in deep breaths.

"Taehyung?" I bent over as I looked at him, caution lingering in my tone.

"All I do is mess up," he breathed out as his head sprung up, finally meeting my gaze. His eyes seemed hollow for some reason, almost lost. "First with Aera, now with Jaesun." Traces of guilt lining his voice.

"But all you do is come back to me with open arms. I don't deserve it." His eyes redden, tears pooling around his eyelids.

"Hey," I reached out to grab his shoulder, trying to stop him but he goes on.

"I don't deserve you." His voice strained and barely reaching a whisper as he uttered those words.

"Don't say that." I held him. "There's no one else for me out there. Only you." I say but he doesn't respond, simply staring at me with sorrow filled eyes.