Chapter Thirteen

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"So, spill." Nani spoke out even before taking a bite of her ice cream.

"Why do you always assume something's wrong?" I sighed, stuffing a spoonful of cookies and cream ice cream into my mouth. The sweetness instantly attacking my tastebuds as I closed my eyes, trying to savour the bite but Nani didn't allow me to. She shoved me trying to get my attention and I clicked out of annoyance.

"Okay, fine. Things are just weird. Taehyung's getting more emotionally invested in my life and it feels off." I said and Nani's brows furrowed.

"What do you mean?" She asked, cocking her head to the side, her loose messy bun bobbing with the action.

"We were talking about Jae and he got really worked up." I took a second bite into the ice cream right after finishing.

"That makes the both of us," Nani chuckled slightly but I frowned. She noticed my change in expression. "You know how I feel about you and Jae. I think you-"

"I really don't want to get into this now." I groaned, cutting her off. "I just want to breathe for a bit, and not have to care about all that for a while." I breathed out.

She pressed her lips into a thin line as she nodded reluctantly, "fine." She sighed, finally picking up her tub of ice cream. "But you have to face this sooner or later." And with that she began playing the movie I had prepared.

I knew she was right. I knew Taehyung was right. I knew my relationship with Jae was something I couldn't save but I didn't want to end it without trying.

"Shit," I spat, glancing at the clock that hung off her off-white walls. "I'm going to be late." I jumped up from my seat, grabbing my bag.

"Late for what?" Nani questioned.

"Dinner with Taehyung."

『⋅∘➶∘⋅』

"I'm so sorry, I didn't keep track of the time." I rushed towards the door to unlock it as Taehyung sat on the porch, a paper bag cradled in his arms.

He simply flashed me a smile. "It's fine." He said as he waited for me to enter. "I thought since this'll be our last dinner, we should cook." He gave me his signature box smile.

"I think you should know, me and cooking don't go well together." I turned to look at him as he laughed. "Fine, then you'll just admire me doing all the work." He joked as we entered the kitchen.

"What did you get?" I asked, peeping into the paper bag.

"Some beef, kimchi," and he continued naming every ingredient in the paper bag and I catch myself staring. His excitement was practically overflowing out of him as he took each ingredient out, placing it on the counter top.