Chapter Eight

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"Nani!" I wrapped my arms around my best friend and she does the same thing.

"I've missed you!" She said, squeezing me a little right before letting go. "Me too." I pulled away as I looked at her. Her skin was tanned to a perfect honeyed brown, her hair flowing down to her shoulders as the ends curled into a loose curl.

"How was Australia? Tell me everything." I instantly start as we made our way inside the cafe.

"It was great, but first, tell me. You and Jae?" She narrowed her eyes at me. "We're still together." I clicked, smacking her arm lightly. "Damn, to think things would've changed the 6 months I was gone." She joked.

"Well-" I sighed, "we haven't really spoken in a while." I say and she frowned a little.

"Did something happen?" She asked and I shook my head.

"I honestly have no idea but things have been changing recently. He's blowing off dates but when we finally do go out, he doesn't really show me attention, and he picks up fights about the smallest things." I groaned, brushing my fingers through my hair frustratedly.

She simply nodded silently, as though she knew everything that I had been telling her. "What?" I asked, the moment she gives me a look.

"Nothing," she raised both her hands in surrender, sipping onto the milkshake that was just brought to her.

"Seriously, come on." I nudged her slightly and she sighed.

"That's exactly what I've been saying since high school. He has always been that way, you were just too blinded to see it." She said, her eyes softening as she looked at me, as though afraid that I'd break any second.

"What? No." I tried denying but then she goes on to explain.

"He has never assured you, when all those girls came after him, he'd treat you like an option. But you still blindly went after him." She said and it hits me a little.

I leaned into my seat, gulping onto the air as I stared at her. "I'm sorry," She said, scared that her words could've hurt me. "I'm just so sick and tired of seeing you getting mistreated like this." She reached for my hand and pulls it into her own.

"If it's been going on since then, why am I just realising this?" I asked and her eyes light up a little.

"Who's the new guy?" Nani asked a little softly.

"What do you mean?" I frowned, not understanding her question.

"You wouldn't be feeling this way unless you felt a touch of being wanted. So who was it? Who made you feel wanted?" She asked and I feel my heart skip a beat, a face instantly appearing in my mind.