Chapter Thirty

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

I stood at her doorstep, but this time there was only a bottle of vodka in my hands. I rang her doorbell, my foot acting out my impatience as it tapped against the ground continuously.

The door creaked open with her head popping from behind it, "oh no," she sighed. "It's been a while." Nani looked at the vodka in my hands and I simply shrug.

A few shots in and I already start losing myself. "So that's basically it." I slurred, slamming the shot glass onto the table as I finished my sob story.

"Woah." She stared at me, her eyes barely open as she poured the vodka into her shot glass messily. "Have I ever met this guy?" She asked, pouring the bitter liquid into my glass as well.

"No," I lied, not wanting her to know I was talking about Taehyung.

The both of us tilted our heads back as we took the shot, wincing at it's bitter sting as we looked at each other. "Well then," she looked at me, pointing a finger to my chest. "You," she paused, swallowing hard right before continuing. "You are one dumb girl." She slurs with a nod, placing the shot glass onto the coffee table right before crossing her arms.

She looked at me as though she had spewed the answer to all my problems. "What?" I shook my head.

"You like him. He likes you." Nani's arms flailed around, trying to get her point across. "I don't see why anything should come in between that." She looked at me, narrowing her eyes right before a hiccup ruined her serious composure.

"I'm not-"

"In the right state of mind, yes," she groaned, falling back into the couch as she threw her head back. "You've said that a thousand times." She rubbed her face, "but!" She popped up, shooting her index finger in the sky as her hair came crashing down over her face.

"Just because you're not in the right headspace doesn't mean you should end things entirely." She looked at me and I nod. 

"But, I don't think he's into the whole waiting thing if he's not sure I'll stay." As I said this, she smacks the corner of my arms. "Hey!" I shouted a little, rubbing my arm as I pouted at her.

"Then assure him that you'll stay!" She said, her voice going loud.

"Nani!" Her parents yelled out from their room the moment they hear her.

"Sorry." She yelled back, smiling sheepishly the second after. "As I was saying," her head bobs, her neck not being able to take the weight anymore. "You shouldn't let anyone stop you when it comes to your relationship." She said and I stand up almost instantly.

"You're right!" I exclaimed but lose my balance the next second as the alcohol hits me harder and I fall over, knocking a few of her things onto the ground which produced a loud crash.

"Nani!" Her parents screamed once more.

"That wasn't even my fault." She responded, but not brave enough to yell back at them.

She helped me up but not being able to lift me up, I pulled her to the ground with me and we both just laid on it for a second, looking up at the ceiling.

"I am one dumb girl."  I sighed, realising what I had done. "I have to make this right." I tried getting up but she holds onto me.

"You're not going anywhere like this." She giggled pulling onto my arm as we continued to lie down on the messy ground. "You can call him in the morning." She hugged my arms like it were a bolster.

"Okay, fine." I give in. "Can we at least move to your room?" I asked as she started dozing off.

"Nope," She chimed, kid like as she cozied up next to me on the ground. "Goodnight."

『⋅∘➶∘⋅』

"Oh my gosh," I woke up with my mouth parched and throat on fire. I looked next to me and saw Nani still on the ground, fast asleep. I stood up, getting a blanket from her room and draping it over her as I got my things to leave.

I got back home with the worst hangover, my head throbbing as I felt my gut twist. I freshened up and sat on the couch with a hot cup of coffee in my hands as I recalled the night before, my headache not making it any easier.

As I thought of the night before, I remembered the conversation I had with Nani where she had asked me to call him.

And so I did, I called him and instantly regret the moment I hear a ringing tone from beside me. I jump, being slightly startled. I stood up, moving the couch cushions away as I stuffed my hand into the crook of my couch. I took out a phone and stared at it with my heart beating against my chest.

Just in that moment, Aera walked out of her room. "Why's this here?" I asked my sister as she pranced around the living room in a dress shirt. 

The
dress shirt.

She smiled at me, giddy with joy. "It's Taehyung's." She chimed and I feel my throat go tight.

"He came over yesterday and well I guess you could say—" She says and my heart stung.

"You're b-back together?" I questioned, brows knitting together as I wished for her to tell me otherwise but when she nods, I feel my world crack.

"That's not all," she squealed obnoxiously.

She stuck out her left hand, wiggling her fingers and I stared at it, puzzled. "What?"

"Tch—" she clicked out of annoyance, "the ring you dumbass." She laughed lightly, her mood still uplifted.

"What does the ring have to do with anything?" I shook my head staring at her.

"He proposed." And with that everything went black, the last thing I remember was my body hitting the ground.

. . .

A/N: y'all knew this was coming. okay but the story's not over so don't give up on me thanks.