Chapter Forty

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

I squint my eyes open, waking up in the emergency room. The bright light that ricochetted off the white walls making my head hurt that much more.

"Areum," Taehyung rushed towards my bed the moment I woke up.

"Oh my god," I groaned as I sat up on the bed, head throbbing and neck sore with random aches all over my body. I was still a little too disoriented to locate where my own injuries were.

"How are you feeling?" He sat himself in front of me, taking my hand into his.

"Who are you?" I looked at him and his expression falls, worry pining up in his eyes. "I'm kidding," I laughed but end up wincing in pain from moving a little too much.

"Tch, Areum!" He clicked out of annoyance, not believing the fact that I still had the energy to mess around.

"I'm fine," I giggled but coughed the next second, feeling a sharp sting to my chest. "Just a little sore. Can we go?" I asked, trying to get out of the bed, but my limbs felt weak for some reason.

"Love, they think you have a concussion." He gently pushes me back onto the bed, "they want to keep you in overnight for observation." He said and I shook my head.

"What? No, I can't miss class." I say and instantly grab my temples, my head pounding.

"You were just involved in an accident, you need to rest." As he says this, I feel something curling up the pit of my stomach.

My chest tightens and I gag lightly, and in a split second, Taehyung grabbed a tiny bucket wrapped in plastic from the ground and held it in front of me. Waves of nausea crashed against me, my stomach contracting violently as it emptied out my stomach.

I held the bucket securely, heaving and throwing up whatever was left of my lunch. Taehyung held my hair up, making sure it remained clean while he rubbed my back soothingly.

My eyes start tearing as I had no control over my body. I kept heaving even though there was nothing left to spew, the nauseas feeling still lingering in my throat. 

"Here," Taehyung moved the bucket away, wiping my lips with a tissue he had prepared himself with as he laid me back down. "The doctor said that throwing up's a symptom of the concussion."

"Damn," I let out, my voice rough as my throat stung with the acidic residue.