Chapter Seven

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

I stared at my reflection, scrutinising every little detail that seemed out of place. I didn't know why I was nervous for the dinner with Taehyung. I didn't know where we were going and didn't know what to expect so this time, I wore a dress.

As I stared at the earrings that dangled from my lobes, thinking if I had overdone it, the doorbell rings and I jump slightly. I rushed towards the door and pulled it open. I stared at the man the stood in front of me, in awe.

"Hey," Taehyung greeted. "You wore a dress!" He said, slightly shocked.

"Yea, is it too much? I could go and change." I turned around, having a mini freak out.

"No, it's fine. Perfect actually, considering where we're going." He said. "But after yesterday, I kinda got the feeling that you're not a fan of dresses, so I don't want you wearing something you're not comfortable with." He said and I shook my head.

"It's alright." I smile at him. "Are you ready?" He asks and I nod, "our reservation awaits." He continued, tilting his head back with his jaw held high as he joked.

We walked to his car and before I could reach for the handle of the door, Taehyung rushed in, opening it for me. I paused, slightly taken aback. I smiled, thanking him as I got in. He started the engine and began driving.

"Where is this restaurant?" I asked, looking at him.

"It's at the new Moonlit Hotel." He said and I gasped.

"How'd you get a reservation?" My eyes enlarged in astonishment. The Moonlit Hotel just opened, less than a year ago, and it was the new craze. It's ambiance was enough to attract new patrons.

He chuckled, "I have my ways." His lips curled into a smile, eyes glued to the road as he answered.

"I can't believe Aera missed this." I said and he sighed.

"Me too. The waiting list is over a year now." He lets out, his expression instantly falling as it became unreadable.

"It's fine." I said, hoping that his mood wasn't ruined, "tonight shall be fun." I say and he gives a strong, single nod, "Yes, it shall."

⋅•⋅

"Shit, this is grander than I had expected." I said as I looked around the restaurant, watching people in suits and elegant dresses walking around casually. Getting a little insecure, I draped my shawl over my shoulders, covering most of my dress.

Taehyung glaned at that action and instantly frowned, "cold?" He asked and I nodded almost instantly, not wanting him to know.

"You can have my jacket," he said, taking out his suit jacket and I shake my head, hand sticking out to stop him. "No, no. It's okay." I said, shocked by the sudden action.

"You sure?" He asked as he looked down at me, readjusting his jacket and I simply nod.

"Table for Kim Taehyung." He says and they bring us to our table, walking through the restaurant. Every now and then the clinking of glasses could be heard, but other than that, the place had a quiet atmosphere. But it wasn't too quiet, with subtle music playing at the background. We reached our table which was by the glass windows, allowing us to see the entire view of the bustling city at night.

"Wow." I breathed out as I looked at the breathtaking view. "Beautiful, right?" Taehyung said, looking right at me. His stare gets me flustered for some reason and I clear my throat, taking my seat.

He sits right after me and we picked up the menus that rested on our table. The next second, a waiter comes over, setting down two glasses of sparkling water right before taking down our orders.

As the waiter left, I picked up the glass of water. "Even their water has bubbles in it." I say and he laughed. I took a sip and placed it back onto the table as I looked around. I couldn't help but feel like the people around me were judging me even though they probably weren't even looking.

"Are you okay? You seem fidgety." Taehyung said, probably noticing me adjusting my dress every few seconds.

"Yep, I'm fine." I shook my head as he continued to eye my form. "You know you look fine, right?" He said and my head instantly darted up to look at him. He must've seen right through me.

"Uh-" And the waiter came with our food, saving me from having to come up with a response.

We thank him and started eating and I was thankful that Taehyung didn't push further. I hated showing people that I was insecure, I felt that it just made me look like an attention seeker. At least that's what Jae made me feel.

"This is amazing." I let out in satisfaction, taking a bite into the lamb.

"Mmhmm." Taehyung hums with agreement, taking another bite of his meal.

As I stuffed another piece into my mouth, my eyes shut, savouring the flavour of the tender meat. "Now I get why there's a one year waiting list." I said. I reached over, for a napkin but end up knocking over Taehyung's glass of water.

"Oh my gosh!" I whisper shouted as I caught the glass in my hands before more water spilt onto Taehyung. "I'm so sorry!" I apologised profusely as I passed him a napkin.

All he did was laugh. "It's okay, it's just water." He shook his head but I still felt bad. He wiped himself down and looked up at me, noticing my frantic form. "Hey, it's really okay." He assured me, still trying to control his laughter.

"I'm such a klutz." I brought my palm to my forehead, producing a loud smack.

"You really are." Taehyung said and my eyes dart up to look at him, "but it's fine. That's what makes you, you. Plus I think it's kinda cute." He teased and I laugh bitterly.

"I almost ruined your suit." I deadpanned. "And you think that's cute. Really?" I chuckled, shaking my head as he goes silent.

"I really do."