Chapter Twenty Seven

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"I still don't get why you're going." Nani peeped from my bed as she watched me rummage through my closet.

"Because," I paused and looked at her, narrowing my eyes in the process as I thought about what to say. "I already paid for the ticket." I murmured, turning back to face my closet.

"Come on," Nani sighed, "I've known you for 5 years. I can tell when you're lying." She sat up, her gaze burning through me.

"I just," I let out an exasperated sigh, not knowing how to respond to her. I didn't want her to know about Taehyung just yet. "I just don't know, okay?" I shrugged, plopping myself onto the floor as I stared at the mountain of clothes that laid in front of me due to my fickle mind.

"Is this about Jae?" She asked and I freeze.

"What?" I let out dumbly as I stared at her.

"I mean, you really loved the guy. I wouldn't be surprised if this was just a way for you to get closer to him." She said, biting onto her nails.

"What?" I repeat again, my tone getting defensive. "No," I shook my head, "God, no." I stared at my fingers that fiddled with each other.

"Really? Look, I'm not here to judge. I'm just a little confused. You haven't spoken about the breakup once." She pointed out as I faced her.

"I just don't want to remind myself of something so toxic. I'll heal, eventually. But no, this has nothing to do with Jaesun." I said firmly, picking at the clothes that laid in front of me.

"So," she trailed of lightly, raising an eyebrow. "Taehyung?" She poked and I feel my heart skip a beat.

"Can you just drop this and help me pick out something to wear?" I asked, praying she'd stop pushing. "I need to meet them in less than an hour and I'm nowhere near ready." I sighed, burying my face into the palm of my hands.

"Alright," She gave in, rolling out of my bed sluggishly as she landed on the ground in front of me. "What about this?" She picked out a plain black dress and I shook my head almost immediately. "I don't get why you buy dresses if you don't wear them." She laughed as she threw the dress at me.

"Hey, it was on sale. I couldn't help it." I retorted with a pout as I threw the dress back into my closet.

After sitting in silence for a bit, Nani spoke out. "I just have one question," she said, grasping my attention. "Do you think you're ready to face Jae?" She asked and only in that moment, the fact that I was going to see him in person sinks in me and I drop the clothes in my hands.