Chapter Forty Two

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"So much for not seeing each other for 4 weeks," I laughed as he drove to the library.

"Dr Song said you shouldn't put pressure on your chest until it's completely healed which could take a few weeks. Until then, I'll be your personal driver." Taehyung grinned at me cheekily right before fixing his eyes onto the road.

I simply smile in response, eyes staring out the window. Soon, he parked his car and we got out, hand in hand as we made our way towards the entrance. The entire place was swarming with students since it was the exam period. 

"What are we looking for exactly?" Taehyung whispered over to me as we strolled through the shelves.

"Something by Arthur Miller. I need to write a paper about him." I whispered back, looking through the books and he nods. "I'll go down that aisle," I pointed towards the other end and he nodded, eyes scanning through the books intently.

Eyes glued to the spine of the books, I quickly looked through the author's names, trying to find the one I needed. Being to engrossed in what I was doing, I bump into someone next to me and with a wince I looked up.

"I'm so sorry," I quickly say, only to see Nani standing in front of me. "Nani." I called out and she gave me a weak smile in acknowledgment.

She tried walking away but I gently gripped onto her arm, "hey." I tried stopping her. "I've been trying to reach you since yesterday." I released my hold from her where she retracted her arm.

She nibbled on her lip nervously, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear as her eyes remained fixated to the floor. "What's going on, Nani?"

"Aera told me." She finally spoke out, "about Taehyung and you." She shook her head with disapproval. "I didn't want to believe it." She sucked in a deep breath as her eyes finally met mine.

"I found it!" Taehyung whisper shouted from behind me as he made his way towards us, grasping our attention. "Here," he stuck out the book towards me, barely noticing Nani's presence.

"I didn't want to believe you would stoop so low, but," she motioned her head towards Taehyung with a sigh and I stood there frozen and speechless.

Taehyung paused for a second, finally understanding the situation. His eyes dart from Nani to me to and fro.

Nani spun on her heel, trying to leave. "Wait, Nani." I breathed out, trying to explain myself but she shoved me lightly, causing the pain in my ribs to come back. I winced and Taehyung instantly holds onto me.