Chapter Three

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"Areum," My dad called out, "could you come here for a second?" He asked from the living room. I closed my laptop shut and skipped down the steps, into the living room.

"Yes, pa?" I cocked my head to the side, waiting for him to speak.

"Could you go down to the store and grab us some things?" He asked, sticking out a list that was clasped in his right palm and I sighed.

"Now?" I whined lightly and he chuckled.

"I would love to go but I have to get this done." He pointed at some papers that were spread across the table and I assumed he was talking about his work. "I would've asked Aera-"

"It's alright, lets not bother her." I took the list from his hand.

"That boy still hasn't spoken to her, huh?" He asked darkly.

"Mmhmm," I hummed in agreement, "but I don't blame him." I said and it looked like it caught my father off guard.

"How can you say that?" He said, getting slightly upset.

"She lied, dad. He probably just needs space right now, I know I would've needed it." I said and he simply nodded, not keen on getting deeper into the conversation. "I'll be back in an hour, tops!" I bid him goodbye.

What I said had put my father in a bad mood for some reason but I chose not to let it get to me.

I stuffed the keys into the ignition as I started the engine and drove to the store. I parked my car and got off, reading the grocery list that my dad had and frowned at all the foreign items listed.

"What the heck is Wehani?" I said under my breath as I entered the store, the cool air instantly grazing past my cheeks, sending goosebumps crawling over my skin.

I got a shopping cart and started strolling down the aisles and suddenly the shopping cart jerks, making me trip. I manage to regain my balance but I spat under my breath the moment I realised one of the wheels were busted. It was too wobbly, causing the cart to jerk to a stop every few seconds.

I took in a deep breath, trying to calm myself. "It's okay." I tried convincing myself that every thing was fine as I pushed the cart slowly down the aisles, finding for milk which was the first thing on the list.

Finally, I stop at the aisle full of dairy products and realised that the specific milk my dad had wanted was out of my reach. "It's alright, I can reach that." I tried being optimistic as I tiptoed and reached for the milk.