Chapter Forty Nine

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"Hey," I call out the moment I step foot out of my class, seeing Nani walk past me.

She gave me a quick glance, barely saying a thing as she tried walking away.

"Nani," And I reach out to grab her hand, "can we talk, please?" She looked to me with a swift turn, her hair swishing with the motion. An indistinguishable look painted over her features as she stared blankly.

"Maybe I could buy you lunch?" I shrugged, trying my best to get her to agree, "and we could talk then?" I asked as my eyes pleaded with hers.

With a sigh, she drops her hands to her sides as her head bobs into a few weak nods. 

『⋅∘➶∘⋅』

"So," I started, wanting her to speak first but she remained silent, grabbing the burger in her hands as she avoided eye contact.

"Nani, I hate this." I say and she finally looks me in the eye. "You're my best friend. I don't want to lose that." Her eyes stayed glued to mine as her face remained expressionless.

"I'm sorry I hurt you." I finally apologise, "but I wasn't in the right state of mind and everything was a mess." I tried explaining myself and I notice her eyes soften. "My own sister was against me, I didn't need the one constant in my life to judge me too."

"I just thought we were in a place where we could be open with each other." Nani finally spoke out and with a sigh I nodded.

"I know and I'm sorry." I apologise once more and she gave a subtle nod in response, looking to the table.

"And I'm sorry for all the things that I said. I didn't mean them, I just-"

"You don't have to explain yourself, I forgive you." I smiled and she simply mirrors my actions. "So are we okay?" I lowered my head, trying to get her to meet my gaze.

"Of course we are." She sighed a little, throwing her head back slightly in relief. "So," she reached out, grabbing my hand from across the table. "You and Taehyung?" She questioned.

I could tell from her expression that she was still trying to normalise the whole situation. "Mmhmm." I nodded a little timidly as she gave me a scoff followed by a smile, shaking her head a little.

"Look, I don't expect you to like him right now but when the baby comes, I want you to-" And then I choke, realising I had blurted out the pregnancy.