Chapter 1

Bringing Out The Dead

❇❇❇❇

Like an angel her face brightens and like a siren of death she seduces your soul away.

❇❇❇❇

"I want us to be a family again."

Esther's words rang through Elijah's head as he walked his way back home after talking to Elena, saving her life- yet again and telling her about who was locked in the coffin.

A million thoughts running through his head and all of them ending in one question-"Could they truly be a family again?"

The roots of betrayal and paranoia ran too deep between him and his siblings and he wasn't sure how they were to overcome that but perhaps with their mother in the picture, maybe for once, they could.

Maybe now, even he could loosen up a bit because now he wasn't the eldest sibling alive. Finn was out of his coffin and hopefully-if, he was willing enough, he would help him out to truly reunite the Mikaelson clan.

Truth be told, every sin Elijah Mikaelson had ever committed through out the millennium was all in the name of his family.

Soon he reached their home and a feeling of bliss embraced his heart thinking that now their family finally had a home, because throughout the centuries, Mikael's lurking presence had forbade them to do so.

Although, all of these thoughts were replaced by sheer irritation the moment he stepped into the living area of the Mikaelson Manor.

There, his siblings were fighting like rabid animals while their mother sat on the couch in the middle of it all with her head in her hands-defeated because she couldn't stop her children from going at each other's throats.

Their behavior angered Elijah extremely-first day together and they already wanted to kill each other. He looked at Kol and Niklaus who were throwing punches and abuses at each other, Niklaus winning, for obvious reasons. Finn held back an angry Rebekah with a dagger in her shaking hands, shouting profanities at her brothers. He shook his head in disappointment-seems like it's going to be much more difficult than I presumed! He thought.

"ENOUGH!" Elijah's voice rang through the room as he threw Niklaus off of his younger brother. Esther's head shot up at the voice of her most mannered and noble son.

"Elijah, thank the heavens you're here. I was aware that this family isn't as close as it used to be, but I did not expect a war. First day back from the other side and they've already given me a migraine." Esther voiced in disappointment as realization flooded the Mikaelsons and they tried to avert their gaze from the disappointment in their brother's eyes.

Elijah sighed and walked over to her. He took her hand in both of his, "You have my word mother, no matter what, I will reunite this family."

Esther smiled softly at her moral son as she patted the back of his hands, "I believe you, son." Saying this she walked away to get some rest while Elijah turned to his siblings with a condescending glare.

"Are any of you incessant dogs willing to explain what exactly was going on here?" Elijah questioned in a stern tone, making his agitation extremely clear.