Chapter 16

We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes

❇❇❇❇

She may come out as stone cold and ruthless to most but there was also a time when all she knew was kindness and love.

❇❇❇❇

Angel Realm, 9700 years ago

Dressed in a pastel gown that flowed down her waist and adorning a crown made of the most authentic flowers from Eden, Isabelle ran through the hallways and passages of the giant castle.

With her heart struggling to catch up with her feet and her beautiful face etched with dread and horror, she ran frantically towards the portal room.

She kept running but somehow her feet felt like they weren't listening. She had to go and stop them. She had to bring them back, or else she would never be able to forgive herself.

Guards, who were responsible for making sure that the princess didn't leave her chambers and especially not for the portal room, ran behind her–trailing her. 

But not one of them were strong enough to stop the horrified princess. She couldn't lose two people that meant the most to her–not after she just lost her mother.

"STOP!"

Her voice boomed through the room as she barged in through the giant doors protected by wards. Her skin burned when her body passed through the magical wards–but she couldn't care less at the moment.

The people inside the room looked at her in shock before gasping at the state she was in. Burns marking her arms as warm tears rolled down her face. 

The pain plastered on her face almost made them change their decision–but they had to be strong. They couldn't let her cries reach them, for they wanted a greater good.

"What are you doing here?" Raziel said in a harsh tone, his words falling through gritted teeth making Isabelle's eyes go wide. She had never heard her beloved father talk to her that way.

"You can't leave."

Isabelle affirmed, composing herself and glancing straight at the two figures standing in front of her.

"Rori, you need to understand–" Magnus began.

"NO! I said you can't leave." Isabelle yelled, glaring at him, cutting him off. Magnus sighed. 

It was difficult for him to leave her. He couldn't possibly leave someone after knowing them for 300 years–after knowing them since the day they were born.

"Izzy, don't make this more difficult than it has to.." A tall man with raven hair–like Isabelle's and hazel eyes, said stepping forward when he saw Magnus' dilemma.

He knew they couldn't back down now. It was all to protect Isabelle and for her if living in the Downworld was what it took? They would gladly do it.

"No, Alec. No. I've lost mother, my love is dead and now I can't bear losing you two. I beg you, please–please don't go." Isabelle begged looking at her brother and his husband with pleading eyes.