Chapter 14

The Five

❇❇❇❇

She was a storm and he was the thunder. Together, they froze hell and set heaven on fire.

❇❇❇❇

Angel Realm, 1110 A.D.

"–so we place our guards, here and here and when the rogues come in, we capture them," Raziel said pointing at two locations on the map spread in front of him. Isabelle nodded, agreeing with her father's plans.

In their greed for power, a few angels had gone rogue. Turning on fellow angels and committing sins that were forbidden in the realm.

Isabelle was in the war room with her father and a few trusted chiefs, discussing strategies on how to stop the traitors because, with each passing day, they were becoming a threat to Raziel's kingdom.

"We should execute them all." One of the chiefs suggested, seething because one of the traitors had killed his wife.

"No," Isabelle affirmed, Raziel looked at his daughter expectantly. He wanted to hear what Isabelle's solution to this trouble was.

"We're not going to kill our own people," Isabelle said sternly. The chief looked at her in disbelief and rage.

"This is not something as simple as the supernatural realm, princess! Please, allow the men to do the thinking." The chief spat making Raziel look at him in anger. But before anyone could do anything, Isabelle chuckled, confusing everyone.

"You really believe that don't you?" She asked incredulously before continuing, "That you're a man? Because the way I see it, the fact that you want to avenge your wife with murder and mayhem, is enough to tell us all how less of a man you actually are. All I see is an angry child." Isabelle snarked, causing the chief to glare at her before he took two steps forward to lunge at her. Isabelle silently motioned for everyone to not do anything.

Before the chief could even touch her, she grabbed his wrist and rotated his arm at an odd angle behind his back, until the sound of a snap echoed throughout the room.

"Are you still intent on challenging me?" Isabelle hissed in his ear from behind. 

The chief cried out in pain because of the princess' grip before she grabbed his neck and slammed his head on the table.

"We are NOT killing our fellow angels. And if you can't get that, I suggest you leave this conclave." The chief struggled before calming down, Isabelle slowly loosened her grip and stepped back. 

After much struggle and snapping his hand back in place, the chief got up. He looked around and found the two other chiefs smirking at him mockingly, whereas Raziel had a stoic expression on his face. 

No one disrespected his daughter like that and if it wasn't for Isabelle stepping in, Raziel would've banished the chief to the Downworld himself.

"Now, can we continue this discussion or does anyone have any more questions?" Isabelle asked, folding her hands on her chest and looking at the two chiefs with an eyebrow raised.