Chapter 6

The Murder of One

❇❇❇❇

She'll see right through your soul and when you let your guard down, she'll comfort you by kissing all your sorrows away.

❇❇❇❇

"They look adorable."

"Yeah, that's my sister you're talking about. To me, they certainly don't look adorable."

"Oh, don't get all big brother on her. She's older than you and she can take care of herself." Kol whisper yelled at Jeremy who continued to glare at the sleeping duo in front of him.

Last night, they had all dozed off in the living room while watching the movie. Jeremy and Kol were on opposite couches while Isabelle and Elijah sat on the one in front of the screen.

When Kol and Jeremy woke up and looked around, they noticed the way Isabelle and Elijah were snuggled up with each other.

Her head was on his chest and his arm around her, holding her protectively even in his sleep. They shared the same comforter and slept with the most peaceful expression on their faces.

Kol brought out his phone and clicked a picture of his older brother and Nik's best friend. He so knew that just like Jeremy, Niklaus would go in over protective mode too which would be much more funnier than Jeremy's.

Elijah and Isabelle slowly stirred awake due to their bickering. Isabelle raised her head and she was met with his velvety brown orbs looking at her with an unreadable expression. Her cheeks flushed when she realized the way they had slept, while his grip tightened on her waist to keep her close. Their eyes met again and both of them had smiles on their faces.

"Good morning, Isa." He spoke in his deep and husky voice which made a shiver run down her spine.

"Morning, 'Lijah."

"You both are on nickname basis. How adorable!" Kol exclaimed teasingly, making Jeremy glare at him and Isabelle and Elijah realised that they weren't alone.

They pulled away from each other and looked at the two in front of them, Kol was wearing an amused smirk while Jeremy was glaring at them both in anger making Isabelle bite her lip to stop herself from bursting out with laughter.

"Uh, I'm gonna go freshen up!" Isabelle said before leaving the room. As Elijah looked at her retreating figure with a fake betrayed expression because she was leaving him to face little Gilbert alone.

Jeremy turned to Elijah with his hands folded on his chest while Elijah looked like he would be anywhere but there. Jeremy scoffed before leaving towards Isabelle's room.

Kol burst out laughing looking at the expression on Elijah's face. Elijah shook his head but the small smile due to the beautiful morning never left his face as he walked away to his room.

Kol quickly sent the picture of Isabelle and Elijah to the rest of his siblings smiling like a mad maniac. Elijah was definitely gonna get an earful from Niklaus and just like that, Kol Mikaelson's morning turned better.

⚜⚜⚜

Isabelle was soon changed and ready in a black spaghetti strap crop top with lace details and a ripped denim jeans. She tucked her hair in a messy bun on top of her head then she put on her signature red lipstick and applied some kohl and mascara. She wore black heels to complete the look.