⚜Chapter 10⚜

The Casket Girls

❇❇❇❇

Being at the receiving end of her wrath will only be your own funeral.

❇❇❇❇

Flashback; 10 Years Ago

A groan threatened to escape Isabelle's lips as she found herself at a new bar, alone, for the third night in a row. It had not been long since the noirette came into the Big Apple and had overtaken her father's business empire. As exciting and thrilling her new lifestyle was, the lack of friends or even acquaintances forced her to touch wounds that should rather be left undisturbed.

So, here she was, drinking alone and wishing to escape the monotony of her life when a very drunk blonde stumbled to sit on the barstool beside her. The woman seemed to be in her mid-twenties and clearly she had a lot to drink but was looking to order for more. But well, who was Isabelle to judge? She was all alone in the most thrilling city in the world.

She got out of her deep blue formal blazer and folded the sleeves of her dress shirt; anyone could tell that she had headed to the bar straight from work.

She was rotating the straw in her drink as she sat there sulking when someone slid her a fresh drink from beside her, she raised her eyebrow seeing the man sitting beside her watching her with a crooked, too overconfident look. She shook her head internally. 

In her head, she cussed him for ruining her alone time before she gave him a fake smile, "Good evening, how can I help you?" 

The man smirked, "Well, darling, " Her mood turned sour already before he continued, "perhaps you can help me by accepting this drink and maybe dance with me later?" 

"And why would I do that?" She snarked, wishing nothing more than to simply compel him to go away.

"Why would you say no to me? I'm good-looking, rich, posing business women like you are dying to meet guys like me." He blatantly spoke gesturing to her outfit making her narrow her eyes at him in a glare.

"Excuse me?" 

"Pfft! Well, it's true. You are wearing a formal outfit, sulking here sitting at a bar you probably can't afford. It's clear you're looking for some gold to dig from a handsome, rich guy. Voila! Here I am." She saw red at the man's words. 

She glared at the man for a few heated seconds before calling out to her security personnel, "Jasper, would you please be so kind as to escort this young and enthralling gentleman out of MY club? Make sure he can't come in here again?" 

The man was dumbfounded as Jasper started escorting him out as she smirked in delight to see him protest before pushing away the drink that douche had offered her as she gulped her own down. 

"Woah! That was epic." She heard the blonde from beside her say with an impressed smile. She smiled at her, "Do you really own this club?" She asked the noirette.

Isabelle looked at her sheepishly, "The bodyguard was mine."

The blonde gaped at her in disbelief, "No way! So you said that just to infuriate him? Wow!" She exhaled making Isabelle giggle.