⚜Chapter 5⚜

Sinners and Saints

❇❇❇❇

She'll set realms on fire for him and he'll build new heavens for her pleasure. She is his and he is hers from this day, till the end of days.

❇❇❇❇

"Well, you and Marcel seem pretty close."

Isabelle's gasp rang through the cold, dark attic as she grasped the edge of his empty coffin to keep herself from slipping. 

Her body felt like it had been ignited by heavenly fire and her mind refused to think straight. His shallow breathing and his velvety accent she just heard were the only things that felt real to as she felt like the world was slipping into the abyss.

Months. It had been months since she had heard his voice or felt him breathe the same air as herself. For a moment, she could not differentiate between reality and her thoughts and felt that him standing behind her was just a fib painted by her brain to give her a false sense of comfort.

She was afraid to stand up, for she felt like her knees would turn to gel and she would fall right back down. She took in deep, ragged breaths whilst she knelt beside his open coffin as he watched her with a gentle smile before he took a step towards her.

Her fingers twitched, wanting to pinch herself to confirm if she was dreaming or was her mate actually awake.

"I'm really here, Isa." He whispered as he crossed the distance and knelt beside her; his eyes warm with the love he held for her but his skin, grey and covered in veins because of lying daggered in a box for so long.

She sucked in a breath the moment he placed his hand on her shoulder. His cold touch making a shiver run through her spine as she finally dared to look up at him with her orbs filled with raw longing.

"I'm here." He repeated as he raised his hand to cup her cheek, but before he could, a smacking sound rang through the attic as Isabelle's palm contacted with his cheek.

He couldn't understand what the hell had just happened as he looked back up from the odd tilt that was a result of her slap, only to find her getting up and crossing her arms in angst whilst she looked down at him with a heated glare. He furrowed his brows in confusion.

"Okay, I love you a lot, but what the hell was that for?" He gaped standing up.

"For being a dick and not answering when I called out for you." She stated with a straight face as she tried to not disclose the fact that her heart just fluttered in joy because he told her he loved her.

"Well, my love, you made it pretty clear that you wanted nothing to do with me or us, the last time we 'talked'." He said air-quoting the last word, considering that their last conversation could hardly pass as a casual chat. It was more of a heated argument that ended with them in tears.

Isabelle rolled her eyes, "Yeah, I was a bitch, but you know what? I am always a bitch. So, you should've came back, told me to my face that I was being stupid and I would've realized sooner that life without you sucks." She glared at him with her plump lips morphed into a pout making him chuckle and shake his head.

"Then I wouldn't have seen this expression on your face and you would've never wanted to actually get back to where we were." He smirked making her glare harder.