Chapter 7

Heart of Darkness

❇❇❇❇

Her love is her crown and her smile is her sword, she'll slaughter you down but you'll still think of it as the kiss of death.

❇❇❇❇

"You knew." Elena's voice rang through Isabelle's room as she came barging in, interrupting her time with her hot morning coffee.

"Knew what?" Isabelle asked looking at Elena lazily.

"You knew they weren't linked ever. You helped them." Elena accused making her roll her eyes.

"What did you want me to do Elena? Sit back and let their wretched mother link them so she could kill them? My best friend? And not to mention the fact that the whole vampire species would've just been dead." Isabelle said, rubbing circles on her temples. It seemed like every morning in the Gilbert house began with accusations these days and it was the last thing Isabelle needed right now.

"If we had known that they weren't linked, we wouldn't have–"

"Wouldn't have what Elena? Wouldn't have killed Finn? Then it would have been someone else. Spare me your​ indignation sister, you loathe the Mikaelsons and the minute you had your hands on the White Oak you would've killed them." Isabelle spat getting up to look straight in Elena's eyes.

"Yes, we would've, because they have wronged us." Elena sneered.

"Oh? Is that so sister? So tell me, Finn, the man who had been in a coffin for 900 years, how did he wrong you? Or Kol, who doesn't even know you. What of Elijah? The one who has done nothing but saved your life more times than one can remember." Isabelle pointed out making Elena gape.

"What about Klaus? Your best friend who killed me? And aunt Jenna. And Rebekah, who wanted to kill me so many times." Elena whined, making Isabelle chuckle.

"Niklaus has no intentions of harming you again and as for Rebekah, she wanted to be your friend, YOU stabbed her in the back. You are the cause of it all, Elena." Elena looked at her in disgust, still not understanding the simple fact that Isabelle wasn't against her.

"And what's with this new deal with Stefan's memories?" Elena asked with an accusatory glare.

"It's none of your business." Isabelle said brushing her sister off as she continued to drink her coffee.

"It is my business, Stefan is my–"

"What? Stefan is your what Elena? Last I checked, you both were broken up because of your unresolved feelings for Damon. You don't control Stefan, sister. Me, Niklaus and him go long way back and once he gets his memories back, I can assure you he would be as against killing the Mikaelsons as I am." Isabelle smirked at her.

"How can you be like this? How can you side against me?" Elena cried out making her groan.

"Oh, for fuck's sake Elena, I am not siding against you. You're the one who wants to kill all Originals, they don't care jack shit about you. They just want to live peacefully, so no Elena, I won't take part in any of your murder fantasies." Isabelle spat leaving the room. She already had enough of Elena's whining, to last her the day.