⚜Chapter 19⚜

The Cosmic Message

❇❇❇❇

She's an old soul, with young eyes, a vintage heart and a beautiful mind.

❇❇❇❇

A smile graced Elijah's lips when he entered his room to find his mate standing in the moonlit balcony. She had a white silk robe wrapped around her petite body as wind flew freely through her midnight tresses, spreading her intoxicating fragrance all around her.

He folded up his sleeves and loosened his tie before discarding it as he walked towards the woman who ruled his heart and soul.

"Sometimes I think that the moon is biased towards you, my love." He spoke up as he gently placed his hand on her shoulder. He had a crooked grin on his face.

"Elijah?" She whispered in a strained voice as she slowly turned around to face him.

His eyes widened as terror clutched his heart in an iron grip when he saw her tear-stained cheeks and her shivering frame.

"Isa?" He croaked out before he tried to grip her shoulders but she backed away. Her lips quivered as she looked at him with fear and betrayal shining in her orbs.

Her gaze dropped to his hand and he followed her stare before gasping when he saw his fingers wrapped around the only weapon that could take her life.

It was covered in blood. Her blood.

He looked back up in tremendous horror as a deep red blood splotch formed on her clothing as her life drained out of her through the gaping hole in her chest and black veins crawled up her arms and neck.

"Why?" She asked, giving him a pained expression as she stared at him with her cosmic, deep, brown eyes.

"No, no, this is not real, no!" He shook his head furiously as he reached out for her but she only seemed to be backing away.

"ISA, NO!" He screamed with wide eyes as he saw the railing disappear from behind her and she tripped off the balcony.

"ISA!" He yelled in utter agony as he pushed his hand towards her only to feel her fingers slip out of his grasp as her body descended into what now looked like an endless abyss of darkness.

Her fearful gaze haunted him and her porcelain skin overtaken by ashen veins tore apart his heart until he could not see her anymore.

A loud yell blared around him before he realized it was born out of his own throat.

He threw away the weapon that took his Queen's life before dropping to his knees as he bawled and clutched at the roots of his hair and his body shook vigorously.

"No, this cannot happen, this is not real!" He rambled over and over as the pain of losing his Parabatai burnt through his body as another scream rumbled through his chest.

He looked up with a death stare when he heard someone snickering in a sick manner.

"I have to admit, I have the heart for the dramatics." He heard his voice before he saw him. Mikael. The man who was responsible for some of the most agonizing moments of his immortal life.