⚜Chapter 33⚜

Beginning of a New Life

❇❇❇❇

We fight for what we love. We fight for family. Family doesn't always have to be blood.

❇❇❇❇

"Put my daughter back in her bed." Niklaus warned as he took a step forward but instead fell to his knees in pain.

Dahlia dropped her raised finger releasing him as she rocked Hope in her arms. The toddler could sense the situation as she wailed to he near her father.

"And why would I do that, Niklaus?" Dahlia smirked, "she is after all, a very gifted witch." She cooed to Hope.

Niklaus got back up and charged at her but was only met with a barrier between himself and Dahlia who stood holding Hope.

"LET HER GO!" He yelled through gritted teeth, banging his fists on the invisible wall.

She only replied with a sinister chuckle leaving her lips. She shook her head; mocking the hybrid.

"You are so naive, Niklaus. So full of yourself." She stated disapprovingly. "Have you ever considered the possibility that you can be bested?" She chided.

He glared at her heatedly as his fists clenched up in anger. "Perhaps. But if you think that I will let you do anything wrong to my daughter then you are colossally mistaken." He spat.

Dahlia scoffed, "and is that threat supposed to scare me?"

"It will when the rest of my family gets here." He growled with his gaze shifting between his crying daughter and Dahlia.

She smirked, "yes, and then I will have your brother's first born as well."

His eyes widened. He had no idea where Isabelle and Elijah had gone off to and he was startled to find out that Dahlia knew about the twins.

"I am warning you for the last time." He breathed, "give me back my daughter."

Dahlia simply smiled as she waved her hand in the air, "I will be gone before you can-"

A loud groan escaped her mid-sentence as Freya appeared behind her with her arm raised towards her as Niklaus took this opportunity to speed in and snatch Hope from Dahlia's grasp.

That was when he finally breathed a sigh of relief as he blinked gratefully towards his sister.

"I will not let you destroy Hope's life like you did mine!" Freya reprimanded angrily as Dahlia groaned.

Listening to all of the commotion, Rebekah and Jeremy-who had just returned home, came running to the room. Their eyes widened as they came to stand beside Niklaus.

"Dahlia." He informed them making them immediately become protective over Hope.

The three were relieved seeing Freya subduing Dahlia as the elder witch screamed slightly.

"Where is everyone else?" Rebekah asked her brother over all the sounds in the room.

"I have no idea!"