⚜Chapter 15⚜

Le Grand Guignol

❇❇❇❇

Some heartaches are always reserved for family. 

❇❇❇❇

|Downworld|

"Well, Lilith looked extremely poised today, she didn't even kill anyone at court," Magnus commented as he and Alexander entered their chambers and he made a beeline to the alcohol cabinet to pour two glasses for them.

"What's troubling you?" He asked handing his husband the drink before sitting down beside him.

"Rori." Alexander sighed, "I'm worried about her. She was so close to crossing over to our realm." He spoke looking at Magnus with worrisome eyes. 

Magnus smiled before taking his hand, "But she didn't. Her mate saved her." 

"I know, but what if he hadn't been able to? Father would have done the same thing he did to me if she had stepped in." His grip tightened on Magnus' hand remembering Raziel. 

Magnus shook his head before he fully turned to face him, "You know why he did what he did and it was not because you followed your mother here. Raziel is a different kind of monster but even he fears harming Rori." 

"Yeah, I hope you're right. I spared him once but if he hurts my sister..."

"He won't." Magnus interrupted, "He hurt you because he somehow believes that you will fulfill the prophecy about his fall from grace. He doesn't even have proof of that." 

"Yes, and somehow mother believes the same. Everyone thinks that the greatest angel is destined to fall by my hand. I have spent my life preparing for that but I still don't feel ready." He muttered with a distant look in his eyes. Magnus wrapped his arms around him and pulled him closer.

"You will be ready when the time is right, Alexander." He spoke stroking his husband's hair as the two comfortably lied down. Alec took in a relaxed breath after a long day. 

"They don't even know what the prophecy is." He groaned in Magnus' chest making him chuckle.

"I mean it's frustrating to see your demon mother put all her hopes in you that you will be the one bringing doom on the Angel Realm. That's a huge responsibility that I didn't sign up for." He mumbled burying his face in the crook of his neck as Magnus ran his fingers in his hair.

"Sweetheart, we know that the prophecy is about Raziel's fall. And he somehow believes strongly that you will be the one bringing that upon him. Ergo, my darling mother in law believes that as well." Alec sighed shaking his head before closing his eyes.

"Don't worry about Rors. She is a grown-up now. Trust me, I saw how fierce she has become and the Mikaelson brothers, oh boy, they would even tear us apart if she asked them to." Magnus reassured him making him nod.

"I just want to meet her again, you know?" The pain was clear in his words.

Magnus stroked his cheek looking down at him with a sad smile, "She hates us." He whispered making Alec's frown deepen.

"If only she knew the kind of man father is." He said with spite.

"She practically worships him. He made sure to poison her innocent mind against us the moment we left. If anything, she will protect him with her life."