⚜Chapter 21⚜

All I Want

❇❇❇❇

And then one day, all the stars he promised were right in the palm of her hand.

❇❇❇❇

"...the child that you carry in your womb, now." 

A gasp escaped Isabelle's lips when she heard the words flow out of Akira's mouth. She suddenly felt her mate stiffen behind her as Davina and Kol visibly gawked at the angel.

Akira's serious eyes and the slight glint of happiness in them were an indication that the redhead was in fact not joking at all.

And then she heard it.

The light thumping coming from her abdomen. The sound was like a hummingbird flapping its wings; much more different than her own steady heartbeat.

The breath that Elijah suddenly sucked in was enough for her to know that he was listening in to the same sound as her.

The sound of their unborn child's heart beating.

Isabelle had never heard anything like it before. For, it was not the sound that mesmerized her so much, it was the feeling it brought along with it. The feeling of becoming a mother.

The sound was blurry to a fault but their sensitive hearing could at least distinguish some of it.

Her hand shook as she slowly moved to place it on her belly. Another gasp left her mouth when she felt the strong surge of magic. 

It was as if most of her magic had concentrated in her womb on its own accord in order to protect the angel growing inside.

With wide raven eyes, she slowly turned around to face her mate who was looking at her with the same tornado of thoughts running through his woodland orbs.

Elijah's eyes instinctively dropped to her hand encasing her stomach and he felt a wave of emotion hit him. 

A thousand years ago he had given up any hope of ever being able to start a new family. He had come to terms with the fact that he would spend eternity as a dead soul. Never, had he allowed himself to be tempted by such wishful notions.

When he first found out from his mate that he could in fact become a father, that he could have the family he imagined before he turned into a vampire, he was beyond relieved and ecstatic. 

And now, now as he stood in front of the beautiful angel he had sworn his life to, listening to the gentle patter of his child's heart, welcome tears gathered in his orbs as he realized what this could mean for him. For them.

"We're going to be parents!" Isabelle breathed as she felt her eyes moisten before she smiled at him and cupped his cheeks. 

Breaking out of his reverie, he looked at his mate with the most dazzling smile she had ever seen as he engulfed her in his arms and picked her up in the air as a burst of airy laughter escaped his lips and tears slid down the sides of his face when he looked up at her.

He was on cloud nine.

A shriek left Isabelle's lips and she interlocked her hands behind his neck whilst he twirled her around in excitement.