⚜Chapter 25⚜

Wheel Inside the Wheel

❇❇❇❇

Wherever you go, I will follow.

❇❇❇❇

Four Months Ago

Isabelle took a deep breath as she squeezed Elijah's hand while they waited outside the doctor's office for their turn.

"Just a few more minutes, my love," Elijah whispered planting a kiss on her head as she closed her eyes and rested her head on his shoulder.

They were going in to see the first sonogram of their unborn child.

Both of their hearts were racing wildly as they sat with their arms wrapped around each other. They could have compelled their way in but Isabelle wanted to do things the human way.

She wanted to feel every step and every moment of her pregnancy in the most natural ways possible; he had immediately agreed to it, considering the would-be father was as overwhelmed as his mate.

"Ms. Lightwood?" The nurse called out making them straighten up immediately before they exchanged eager looks when they walked in.

"How are you feeling today, Ms. Lightwood?" Dr. Clarke asked as she exchanged smiles with the visibly nervous couple.

Isabelle smiled at her mate when he lifted her up to make her sit on the reclined chair beside the ultrasound machine before she turned to her doctor, "I'm good, just little nausea sometimes. Other than that it's fine." 

Elijah shook his head, "She has had trouble sleeping these past few weeks." He mentioned pointedly making his mate roll her eyes.

The doctor chuckled as she read over Isabelle's prior reports, most of which were fake because she was actually an angel whose medical history was point-blank perfect.

"Yes, the quality of sleep tends to decrease a little during early pregnancy. It's nothing to worry about though, just try to make a sleep routine and avoid any screen time before hitting the bed. As long as you are hydrated and having healthy food, you'll be just fine." Dr. Clarke explained as they listened attentively.

Isabelle rolled up her top to reveal her currently flat belly before the nurse applied some gel on her skin. The coldness of the material caused her to squeeze Elijah's hand for a second; he sent her a comforting smile.

"Are you ready?" The doctor asked as she looked at the couple with a smile. The mates exchanged eager looks before nodding towards her.

The OB-GYN moved the probe over Isabelle's tummy, spreading the gel out as her eyes stayed trained on the ultrasound screen just like the Parabatai couple.

Isabelle did not quite understand why a sudden gasp left her mate's lips when he saw the image forming on the screen. With the years he had spent studying medicine and the few decades that he had practiced, he knew what he was seeing.

"That's interesting." Dr. Clarke murmured as Elijah could not tear his eyes away; meanwhile, Isabelle sat confused as she grew annoyed with no one telling her anything.