Chapter 11

Growing Pains

❇❇❇❇

A pure soul and a forgiving heart always gets broken.

❇❇❇❇

"So, there's something I've been meaning to ask you the whole day." Niklaus said.

Isabelle turned her gaze from the road ahead to him.

"Why did you and Elijah look so distant and awkward in the morning?" Niklaus turned in his seat to give her a pointed look. She knew she couldn't get out of that.

"I don't know what to tell you. Would it suffice if I say it's complicated?" She set her attention back on driving. They were on their way to retrieve Niklaus' original body.

"You're hiding something. Spill. Right now." Niklaus ordered.

Isabelle sighed, "Okay, we uh kinda kissed?" Isabelle looked at him cautiously while he looked at her like he had just seen a ghost.

"HOLY SHIT IT'S HAPPENING!" Niklaus shouted suddenly, causing Isabelle to loose focus and the car swerved a bit.

"The fuck Nik? What the hell was that?" Isabelle looked at him in disbelief.

"Whatever. You guys kissed, which means you're together, right?" Niklaus looked at her hopefully.

"No, we aren't. It was just a kiss." She dismissed causing him to narrow his eyes.

"Yeah, and you said that you guys were just friends until two days ago. I know you both enough to know that none of you would just kiss a friend. Now, I want details." He pestered.

"Ugh. Sometimes I feel like you're the poster child for a blond control freak best friend." She groaned.

"Oh, you mean Caroline?"

"Careful Nik, you might lose the girl before you even get her." The noirette smirked making him roll his eyes.

"Stop stalling, Izzy. Seriously what's going on?" He asked, much more serious this time.

"Look, yesterday, he saved me. He took care of me and he was very sweet. He turns me into a puddle, Nik. I feel so out of control in his presence and last night, that look in his eyes was enough for me to give in and we just kissed." Isabelle explained, as his mouth formed an 'o' as he feigned to think.

"So, you wanna say that my brother seduced you with his gentleman ways and your ovaries exploded and you guys made out?" Niklaus teased.

"It wasn't a make-out!" Isabelle shrieked making him look at her with narrowed eyes.

"Okay, it was just a kiss, a not so short kiss," Isabelle grumbled making him smile in victory.

"Yeah, a make out." Niklaus shrugged causing her to huff and pout.

"Why am I even talking to you about this? He's your brother, isn't it all awkward for you?" She questioned rolling her eyes.

"Well, love, you're my best friend. Besides talking about it is still less awkward than being in the same room as you both. The sexual tension is thick enough to cut with a knife!"