⚜Chapter 13⚜

Crescent City

❇❇❇❇

Our family is our greatest strength and when we lose our family, we're left broken beyond repair.

❇❇❇❇

|Lafayette Cemetery|

"Is it done?" Celeste who was in Sabine's body, asked Papa Tunde as he returned after killing all prisoners in the garden.

Papa Tunde smirked as he handed Celeste his blade, "The power of all dead vampires is infused in this now, it will inflict such torment that Klaus Mikaelson will beg to die." He handed her the weapon which made her smile looking at it in satisfaction.

She looked at him gratefully, "Thank you for your contribution, Papa Tunde. You have done the witches of New Orleans a favor." He nodded gracefully, "Just one last piece of business before the final sacrifice." She added as Bastiana and Genevieve joined the two in the mausoleum. 

The four Harvest witches shared determined glances before Genevieve spread white colored ash in a circle in front of them and they stood around it. 

"White Oak ash," Genevieve informed, as the witches nodded before joining their hands and they closed their eyes as they began chanting incantations with their heads raised towards the sky.

The wind howled in the cemetery as Celeste manipulated the ancestral magic to her gain and continued with the spell with three powerful Harvest witches.

Soon, the circle of White Oak ash stared to sizzle before it was set on fire as their voices grew and their ancestors joined them making the wind hiss louder. 

When the fire reached its apex and their spell neared completion, a long stake started morphing on the ground. The witches forced their magic and the flames disappeared and in front of them was the indestructible White Oak stake.

Celeste deviously smiled as she picked it up and traced the silver creases on it whereas Bastiana and Genevieve shared knowing glances.

"It was difficult to find considering that the Mikaelsons had hidden it so well. But summoning this weapon here assures us that the witches of New Orleans will rise again, by force or by mayhem." Celeste declared as the wind howled in the cheering voices of their ancestors. 

Bastiana smiled before she turned to Papa Tunde who gave the three a curt nod before he knelt on the ground and closed his eyes, accepting what was to come next. 

Celeste picked up his blade and slowly and painfully slit his throat with it as he gurgled on his own blood till he died, hence, infusing his own agony into the weapon. 

The witch held both weapons in her hands and with determination and deviousness shining in her eyes, she motioned for the two witches to continue the rest of the plan.

⚜⚜⚜

"Here, at this hour, we come together to praise God and give thanks. The events that took place at our church were tragic." Father Kieren spoke into the mike as the St. Anne's church was filled with devotees who came for the reopening of the place.

Niklaus and Marcel sat a few rows in front of Jeremy and Rebekah. The former two had simply come out to support Kieren whereas Rebekah and Jeremy were keen to find out where Papa Tunde disappeared to after he mercilessly slaughtered hundreds of vampires.