Chapter 20

After School Special

❇❇❇❇

You can never be ready for the pain that comes with betrayal.

❇❇❇❇

"YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!"

Isabelle shrieked out in anger as she finally made a conclusion out of the scene in front of her in the Lockwood cellar. It was after Niklaus had slaughtered his hybrids that she had stopped down there to gather her emotions when her eyes fell upon something kept in a dark corner.

At first, she couldn't make out what it was, but on looking closely she realized that it was a coffin and on walking towards it, she could clearly see the Mikaelson crest on top of it.

The only one person could be inside that coffin and it unnerved Isabelle extremely that Niklaus daggered his sister again. Especially after knowing how much this could hurt both Rebekah and Isabelle.

Angrily, she stomped over to the coffin and opened the lid. There the blonde Mikaelson was. Her skin grayed and veiny, and a silver dagger sticking out of her chest.

Isabelle's heart broke at how vulnerable the Mikaelson sister looked. For all Niklaus knew, anyone could've picked up the coffin and dumped her in the Arctic just to spite the Mikaelson brothers. She couldn't believe how stupid Niklaus acted and how carelessly he let his sister be exposed.

Shaking her head, Isabelle wrapped her fingers around the hilt of the dagger and in a swift motion, she pulled it out of Rebekah's chest before placing it inside the pocket of her leather jacket.

She then walked over to the wall and slid down to the floor, waiting for Rebekah to wake up.

Now that she was finally sitting idle, she couldn't stop her mind from surfing to territories she would rather stay away from. The ones that only brought heartache.

Just until two days ago, she had been happy and asleep in the arms of the man who owned her heart and now, he wasn't there. Her mind still wasn't able to register the fact that it was actually over. That something that epic and beautiful had actually vanished into thin air.

She could still feel his hands roaming sensually over her body as he marveled at her every curve and freckle. 

She could still remember every kiss that he planted on her, marking her body as his, forever. She could still hear his ragged breathing as her lips had traveled down his jaw and she had wondered in the fact that she could make the strongest man alive feel weak in his knees. 

It had been a beautiful night for her. The most beautiful night of her life and she felt new. As if with every kiss that escaped his lips and every moan that escaped hers, all her scars were being washed away. Leaving nothing but a trail of bliss and sunshine-filled path.

A soft smile covered her face remembering how he had uttered her name over and over as she did his whilst they hit their highs together. Their rhythm felt so unnatural, almost as if two souls who were always meant to be, finally met.

If only that was the case. If only he could always be with her. And if only she could always be beside him.

But before she could think any further, a gasp rang through the cellar directing her attention towards the blonde Mikaelson who had just awoken from her dagger induced slumber.