Chapter 4

1912

❇❇❇❇

Her anger is scary, yes, but do you know what her silent smile can do?

❇❇❇❇

The next morning, the eldest Gilbert woke up in a sour mood. Last night on returning home, she had been forced to take part in the confrontation between her sister and the Salvatore brothers, who had obviously found out that Isabelle had cloaked Elena and created an illusion to get them to work for her.

To say that they were pissed, was an understatement. Elena kept whining on and on about how as her sister, Isabelle should help them and not the enemy and Isabelle was yet again left defending the Mikaelsons.

To top it all, on asking about Jeremy, Isabelle got to know that her darling little sister had Damon compel him to leave town. Because apparently, he was safer that way and messing with his mind is so a sign of affection.

The thing that caused the Queen to finally burst was the fact that even after knowing that Damon snapped her neck, as an intention of killing her, Elena still sided with him with a measly excuse saying-"But you came back! He can't kill you. What's the big deal?"

Isabelle had no idea that how could her sister be like that to her. Damon did not know that it wouldn't kill her and that's what mattered.

"Well if I came back after dying at your boyfriend's hands, so did you after my best friend killed you. What's the big deal Elena?"

Those were the last words Isabelle shot at her sister before storming off to her room.

Thinking back upon last night, she couldn't decide on who she disliked more, her little sister or her jackass best friend Stefan, who still didn't know half the connection they shared.

She wanted nothing more than to leave the town once again, or atleast go to her brother in Denver. She had met him after so long and Elena just had to get him compelled.

She loved Elena like her own child, but just couldn't understand why would Elena be so hell-bent on killing somebody. That family had done nothing wrong, and yet the whole Scooby Gang wanted them dead.

Isabelle sighed. She couldn't stand Elena right now. She would kill one of the Salvatores if she didn't get out of the town soon.

Soon she was ready in black pants and a black crop top with a black blazer to complete the look. She liked going formal from time to time. It made her feel confident and kept her connected to her work.