Chapter 2

Dangerous Liaisons

❇❇❇❇

She's cold as ice, yet she will burn you to ash with a single look.

❇❇❇❇

It was morning when the Gilbert siblings woke up in the living room with the sun shining on their faces.

Last night, they had spent talking to each other and catching up on everything they had missed with buckets of ice cream.

The topic of the Originals and Isabelle's close connection to the one that wronged them the most was still a sore subject for Elena, so they didn't dare touch it. Isabelle was back after a long time and fighting already wouldn't have gotten them anywhere.

When they woke up and realized the position they slept in, wide grins broke on their faces. It was just like old times, Jeremy falling asleep with his head on her lap and Elena falling asleep on her chest–although this time because Elena was no longer an 8 year old little girl, she fell asleep on Isabelle's shoulder.

Isabelle kissed both their foreheads and left to get dressed for a jog. Over the years fitness had become an important subject in the witch's life.

⚜⚜⚜

Elena was making coffee for herself after freshening up when Stefan and Damon arrived. Yesterday the three of them couldn't talk about what Elijah had told her about the coffin.

"It was their mother Esther, who was sealed in that coffin." Elena informed, confusing them.

"As in the original witch?" Stefan asked making her nod.

"What? How is she even alive? Thought her hybrid–freakshow of a son ripped her heart out a thousand years ago?" Damon said with furrowed bows.

"Don't say that in front of Isabelle, Bonnie called Klaus a monster and trust me I have never seen my sister look so pissed and murderous." Elena grumbled, shaking her head. Not able to digest the fact that Isabelle and Klaus were friends.

"Yeah that reminds me–she's pissed me off, royally." Damon spoke with malice.

"Don't. Seriously. Don't do anything unless you wanna die." Elena warned.

"Trust me I know how powerful my sister is, and as for the Original witch, I don't know–I'm guessing she has a couple of connections in the witching community. Elijah said she wanted to live in peace with her family–including Klaus." She revealed.

What none of the three were aware of, was that the eldest Gilbert was just at the stairs, listening in to what they were saying.

She found it weird that the Original witch-bitch had actually forgiven Nik after he killed her a thousand years ago—peace? Yeah, I call bullshit! Isabelle thought as she continued to listen in. Surprisingly the vampires still hadn't sensed her–amateurs! Isabelle huffed.

"She was supposed to be the weapon to kill Klaus." Stefan said in disbelief. Isabelle rolled her eyes at the vampire's dedication for killing the hybrid–oh Stef, you really don't know what you're talking about.