Chapter 9

Before Sunset

❇❇❇❇

Mess with the people she loves, she'll show you fates worse than death.

❇❇❇❇

Outside Mystic Falls, 1864

"Alexia? Who do you want me to meet? I told you I do not wish to see anyone." Niklaus whined as his best friend continued to ignore him and dragged him outside his comfy bedroom, after waking him up from his peaceful slumber.

"God, Nik. Stop whining. And, I am not taking no for an answer. We have to help this man."

"Lex. Ask the philanthropist in you to show me some mercy and let me sleep. Or I'll tear out your spleen!" Niklaus said coming at a halt at the top of the stairs and folding his hands on his chest as he glared at her.

"Nice try, Nik. You wouldn't do it. Now come along before I start dragging you again." Alexia said before casually walking down the stairs with a smirk pasted on her lips.

Niklaus looked at her retreating figure before huffing and walking down the stairs.

He entered his dining room and was met by the site of a man with light brown hair, feeding on one of Niklaus' housekeepers.

"I suggest you take your fangs out of my housekeeper, sir. Lurkers aren't welcome here." Niklaus said, glaring at who he thought was an intruder.

Stefan stopped feeding and looked up an Alexia, now accompanied by Niklaus before casually dropping the girl in his hands onto the floor, staining an expensive and antique carpet with her blood making a grimace appear on Niklaus' face.

"I'm not a lurker, sir. Your friend over here brought me to this place. And well, about your housekeeper, I saw food so I ate it!. Stefan shrugged making Niklaus growl at him. He was about to lunge when Alexia stepped in and stopped both men from tearing each other apart.

"Children. Please. Calm yourselves." Lexi spoke in a stern voice causing them both to step back.

"Good." Lexi smiled, "Now, this is Niklaus Mikaelson, an Original vampire and my best friend. Nik, this is Stefan Salvatore, a vampire turned by Katherine Pierce and a ripper." Niklaus looked intrigued while Stefan was confused about the Original vampire. He had no idea what that meant.

"What do you mean by an Original?" Stefan asked looking at them both. Niklaus smirked.

"Original as in, the first of my kind. The first vampire to exist, from whom all the other vampires were made." Niklaus said as he patted Stefan's shoulder and moved behind him to grab a drink. Stefan was still very confused, he looked at Lexi and Niklaus with furrowed brows. Niklaus sighed.

"Well, explanations can wait, I have a question for you first. Where is Katherine Pierce?" Niklaus asked as he casually flopped down on a nearby couch, sipping his drink.