⚜Chapter 34⚜

Ashes to Ashes

❇❇❇❇

She is the cold winter's sting, harsh and piercing.

❇❇❇❇

"No.." Isabelle whispered shaking her head as she stared at the empty cribs in front of her.

"Izzy?" Stefan called out with worry as he looked between Elijah and her faces.

The noirette shook her head again as a whimper struggled to break free from her lips. "This can't be happening." She whispered, beginning to hyperventilate.

Once again the lives of her children were in danger. All because she had been foolish enough to let the children out of her sight.

She shouldn't have done that. She should have been more careful.

She was on the verge of losing her children yet again and her knees could not bear the weight of her body at the thought.

Her eyes rolled back in their sockets as she wobbled and was about to fall to the floor if not for Elijah's hand reaching out to her.

She opened her eyes to find him staring into her orbs with his own bloodshot ones. "We will not lose them, Isa." He affirmed deeply as he steadied her.

She found it hard to believe as her racing heartbeat and her breathing refused to slow down whilst she leaned in his grasp.

"What if something happens to them, Elijah? What if Dahlia kills them for their magic?" She croaked out in a shaky voice and those words caused a shard of fear to strike inside Elijah's heart.

He was not ready to bear the thought of losing his children right after they were born.

"We have to find them." Hayley's emotionless voice gained their attention as she stared at the couple with blank and cold eyes. "I am sick of people abducting the children of this family. No more. We need to find Dahlia and put an end to her." She hissed with determination.

The fact that she had no clue about Hope's whereabouts was making her want to rip the world apart.

Isabelle straightened up as she ran a hand through her hair and looked at her mate. "She's right. We need to find them. All of them." She whispered.

Elijah had to take a few deep breaths to clear his mind of the horror his heart was feeling. "We need to do a locator spell for them. You and I should reach out to the twins and Davina could help with Hope." He stated glancing at the young witch for an instant.

"But, if Dahlia has them then aren't they supposed to be in one place?" Stefan enquired with furrowed brows making everyone look at Elijah inquisitively.

The Original took a deep breath as he gave Isabelle an intent look. "Let's just say that I have this hunch that the twins aren't exactly with Dahlia."

"Then who?" Kol asked.

Isabelle exhaled sharply. "My mother." She hissed. "I am going to destroy her world, bit by bit."