⚜Chapter 20⚜

Oathbreaker

❇❇❇❇

They will come for her,
And she will fight.
They will come for her family,
And she will fight.
They will come for everything she loves,
She will fight and they will lose.

❇❇❇❇

|Angel Realm|

Dread clutched Akira's heart as she saw the bold calligraphic handwriting glare back at her from the worn-out parchment she held in her hands.

The words, written on it by her brother taunted her as she realized what he expected from her.

It was time to finally avenge the death of their mother. It was time to finally make Raziel pay.

Angel Cato was the one who killed Lyanna Morgenstein, and Akira made sure that he would suffer for it. 

And now, it was Raziel's turn and Lucifer's message to her was a reminder of what she had to do.

Akira burned the letter as she watched the flames engulf Lilith's seal. 

If anyone found out about the Iron-Sister having secret conversations with the residents of the Downworld, she would be hung. 

But, at that moment all she could really care about was taking the revenge she finally had the opportunity to.

Akira walked over to her window and looked out of the majestic castle that she lived in.

Over the centuries, she had gained a high position in the court. Isabelle's friendship with the redhead was a great influence on that. 

Along with the fact, that she hadn't given any of the other nobles or royals a chance to doubt her intentions. She was always loyal to the throne.

Until now.

Her loyalty only had so many extents. Now was not a time to be loyal anymore. It was time to act and she was sure going to do it.

She looked up to the stars and saw the rare formations of the galaxies above her. 

It was a once in a time opportunity. If she failed today, she wouldn't get another chance like this for five thousand more years. And she did not intend to wait any longer.

She quickly shut the doors to her chambers as she muttered a spell to make sure no one knew what she was about to do.

She walked over to a large shelf that contained her grimoires before pulling out one of them.

With a hissing creak, a secret passageway opened through the shelf.

Akira took a deep breath and shut the passage door after she entered.

She flicked her wrist and the passageway lightened up with lanterns lining the cave walls. Her heartbeat blared through her ears as she reached the end of the narrow path and entered an ancient cellar room.

In front of her stood a stone altar. She walked over to it and wiped the slab, she could see the last of her mother's spells engraved in it.