20

We were all in our rooms, which was massive. Like, no joke. There were 10 beds for all of us and a few were already asleep. Sleep is a very important part of my life, but I was jamming to some songs with earphones plugged in. Seventeen was more important than sleep.

"ULGO SIPJI ANHA!" I whispered-shouted to myself while using my phone as a microphone.

"SHHH! I'm trying to study!" A girl hissed at me. Oh, the intelligence test tomorrow. I should study.

Who am I kidding, like why would I?

I don't even want to stay in this stupid competition, what's the point of excelling?

I took off the earphones and threw them on the bedside table. "Goodnight, world," I muttered, as I burried myself in the blanket.

-

"Wake up, ladies!" 10 servants carrying a tray each shouted. Startled, I almost fell off the bed, barely stifling a shriek.

"For you, Ms. Park Hae Won," a servant told me, passing me a letter.

"Oh, is it just for me?" I asked her as I looked around. I was the only one who had a letter.

"Yes, Ms. Park. It is from Prince Kim himself," she says, beaming at me. I lifted my eyebrows curiously. Wow, I feel honoured, thank you.

And of course, the jealous human beans glaring at me. As if that would do anything. "I know I'm pretty but you don't have to give me that much attention, I'm blushing," I said, flipping my hair.

Some just rolled their eyes or scoffed really, really loudly. After leaving the trays that were filled with food, the servants left us alone.

"Why are you the only one who gets the letter?" A girl questions me with suspiciously looking eyes.

"I bet she bribed some people, that's why Prince Kim favours her more," Another girl said, giving me a smug look. Ah, I recognise her. Jung Nayeon. Her father is filthy rich, seriously.

Taehyung told me that Mr Jung went up to him and gave him 5 million won, requesting that his daughter be put in this choosing ceremony. Taehyung obviously rejected, but the king being his greedy self, accepted their offer.

"Woah, I'm not like you, okay? I didn't buy myself into this. My father didn't bribe anyone, yours did. There's a difference, y'know?" I shot back.

Many girls gasped, and Nayeon panicked all of a sudden. "W-well, everyone does their own part to have a chance of being the future queen. At least my father has money to do something! Not like your filthy self, disgusting and poor,"

"At least I don't look like Oompa Loompa. You can earn money, but you can never change how ugly you are, even if you go for plastic surgery,"

"I HATE YOU! I'M TELLING MY FATHER ABOUT THIS!" Nayeon screamed hysterically, shocking me. Reminded me of Draco Malfoy of the Harry Potter series

Okay, have fun, darling. Man, I'm so savage though. I'd probably get into trouble but who cares anyway. And because of that idiot, my breakfast is now cold. But I love food so it's okay.

-

We were in another gigantic hall.

A hundred girls sat at their respective tables. I was in the last row, right at the corner. I don't plan on doing any thinking, so I'll just put random numbers. Unless there's a need to write a whole frikin' paragraph of who knows what.

Like essays. I hate essays, I just hate using energy in general. Gotta conserve that power, yeah?

A piece of paper was given to us. Blank piece of paper. "Look at the front!" A guard shouted. My head shot up immediately. There was a painting in front. "Write down whatever you see, that is all." he said.

A few girls snickered. The painting looked simple... but I knew that there would be a greater meaning behind everything.

I'm just going to write some rubbish. Whatever I think is right, that is. Sigh, I can't think stRaighT!

-

A/N note:

AYO LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

hi yes i'm alive thank you very much. the story is getting boring, yes i know. give me suggestions or smth because my brain is deteriorating. thanks for reading, love y'all 💫✨🌸🌹🌺