41

Minutes felt like hours.

Hours felt like days.

Days felt like years.

I've been sawing this rope off for 5 hours straight.

Sigh.

Taehyung might die because of me.

I feel pathetic.

dAMmiT WHy ???

Sigh.

I was very close to sawing the rope off. Just then, a man came into my cell with a tray.

"Eat up, you must be hungry," He told me emotionlessly, putting the tray on a barrel carefully. He wasn't gruff or anything, just nothing. 

"No thank you," I whispered back.

"You're gonna starve."

"No shit,"

"Well, you're goddamn stubborn,"

"Thanks,"

He rolled his eyes at me, obviously pissed. But he didn't show it. He had the chill, fuck everyone kind of look. You know those who look dead inside? Yeah.

"Look here, I'm tryna help, okay?" He whispered.

"And how exactly?"

"By making sure you don't die, maybe? The boss wants you to get skinnier, so he plans on feeding you one every two days only. I'm giving you food now, it's the only time you can have it." He told me.

"Ya'll calling me fat? Ugh, now I learn that the 2 hours of workout doesn't help,"

"You're weirder than expected, what the hell?"

"Hear that often,"

"Just eat the food already, I'm tired, gosh."

I looked up at him, he had a young face.

"How old are you?"

"What? Why the hell do you want to know?"

"I'm just asking, geez. Don't need to yell," I cringed.

He looked like he was the same age as me, he was kinda handsome. But too bad he has a disgusting personality. I think I've seen him before.

"You are a lot different from before," 

"Wh-what? I swear, if we were childhood friends then this is the most cliche-ass life ever,"

"You're right."

"Fuck!"

"Hi, I'm Jinyoung. Your best friend in kindergarten and middle school. Nice to see you again," He brought his hand out to give me a handshake.

"My hands are tied, I can't return the handshake."

"I know they're not, you sawed them off. You think I'm dumb?"

"Dang it!"

"Whatever. I'm gonna get you out of here,"

"Wait- Jinyoung?"

"Yes, Hae Won?"

"Jinyoung??"

"What?"

"You're Jinyoung??"

"Yes, I am Jinyoung!"

"What?! You??"

"Yes, Hae Won, YEs!"

"Damn! Puberty hit you hard!"

"What? That was what you had to say?"

"Yeah! You were like an idiot back then! You look good!"

We had a short conversation, since he just sighed after that. I ate some bread, drank some water, then he started to plan.

"Right, so we are at the highest point of the dungeon. I'm sure there's an open window on the floor below, so we must make our way there. Jump out, and run. We're near the city, we can just get a cab and go to the castle."

"Okay."

Operation: Escape part 2.

-

We creeped down the stairs slowly, Jinyoung told me that only 4 people were guarding that level, but they were only at the exits, not the open window.

As we tip-toed nearer towards the window, Jinyoung suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me behind a wall.

"What?" I whispered anxiously.

"Some people are smoking at the window, dammit! I forgot to check the time."

We waited there for about another 5 minutes, until everyone had dispersed to their original position.

"C'mon," Jinyoung pulled me along, the both of us slowly making our way towards the exit. Note, his hand was still holding mine, so I let go of it. He seemed a bit disappointed, but I gotta stay loyal to my man.

"OI! WHO'S THERE?!" Someone shouted. Crap.

"JUMP!" Jinyoung yelled. We both hurriedly jumped down the building, which seemed pretty high. Am I going to break my-

I guess not.

He somehow managed to catch me in bridal style before I landed on the ground face-first.

"Uh- I- sorry," He quickly put me down, then coughed awkwardly.

"Yeah... let's go?" I asked, my face in a distorted manner.

"O-okay, yeah- let's.." He scratched the back of his neck.

"THERE THEY ARE!"

"RUN!" I screamed, picking up my pace. We both ran as fast as we could, but I almost slipped countless of times. Jinyoung could easily jump past and dodge twigs and other obstacles. Somehow, we got down the hill safely without any injuries.

"Get a taxi!" He instructed. We could easily get a taxi, since it was very early in the morning. We immediately sat inside the vehicle, shut the door and told the taxi driver where to go.

"We got out!" I squealed.

"Yeah," Jinyoung replied, grinning at me.

"You sure?" The taxi driver asked us.

He stopped the taxi.

Then looked back.

-

a/n note:

hello my babiesssss! this book has officially hit 100k reads, and i'm so happy! this is all because of you guys, and i can't thank you all more. thank you for supporting me and this book. i'll continue doing my best!