23

As I looked at the ceiling of my room, a handsome yet annoying face popped up in my mind. It was currently 1 in the morning, and I couldn't sleep at all. My night light was turned on, since I was afraid of the dark.

Ugh, why do I keep thinking of him???

Those cheeks I'm dying to squeeze and fluffy hair I want to ruffle and touch.

:"(

All of a sudden, a knock sounded in my ears as I bolted up from my bed immediately. I turned on every light and grabbed my hair dryer provided for the candidates.

Standing in a fighting position, my hair dryer as if a sword, I made my way towards the door. "Who's there? SHOW YOURSELF!" Then I realised, I must unlock the door before that monster showed itself.

Slowly and a little dramatically, I unlocked the door. 'Click!' It was none other than...

Kim Taehyung. Ever since the ceremony began, he stayed in the palace instead of his own little mansionette.

"What are you doing here at 1.05 in the morning?" I asked, confusion etched onto my face as I spoke. I lifted my eyebrow, and moved my head slightly backwards

"I can't sleep," Taehyung's muffled voice spoke. His face was buried in his pillow and he held a small lion stuffed toy in another hand. He was wearing silk pyjamas and his usual fluffy hair was a big mess.

Seeing him like this made me melt inside. Why does he affect me so much? Yeah, because he cute af. Literally, all the girls love him. Some boys too, cause' love is love. I might just have a little crush on this prince.

"And... you came to my room for...?" I inquired.

"Just let me innnn... hurry~!" He whined and bumped against my shoulder, making me flinch. Almost immediately, he jumped onto my bed and hugged his lion toy. The sides of my mouth lifted a little as I gazed at his sleeping figure.

"I'm not sleeping on the floor, so I'm putting pillows in the middle of this bed. Don't you dare cross it or you won't ever see daylight anymore." I warned. He hummed in response and start putting the pillows in the middle. It's not the first time sharing the bed with this dude, so...

As usual, my lamp still turned on. I switched off the other lights and covered myself with the fluffy blanket. "You're scared of the dark?" Taehyung suddenly said.

"Childhood trauma," I replied. "I didn't want it to happen, I couldn't change the series of events."

"Can you tell me what happened?" He asked quietly. His back was facing me.

I don't know how it happened, but I told him my whole life story. I didn't know where this trust in him came from, but everything spilled out.

As we lay there in the bed past midnight with the sky full of constellations, I felt like someone was finally listening to me for once. 

Him;

Kim Taehyung.

-

We talked and had a very long conversation, giggling like small children on a beach at times.. I felt happy to be with Taehyung. He had this cheery vibe around him and you can't help but fall in love with his smile.

It was already 3am, yet we were still grinning and telling lame jokes to each other. Soon, we were tired. Comforted by one another's presence, Taehyung stood up and walked towards the night light. Then, he turned it off. That son of a biscuit! His mum might have been nice, so I can't call her that. Too afraid to walk towards the lamp, my grip on the blanket tightened. My head was almost buried, and my body curled up into an 'S' position. I was very afraid, no doubts about that. I looked around my room as I started imagining that man who ruined my life in my room, watching me.

All of a sudden, I felt an arm; Taehyung's arm, wrapped around my waist tightly. I slightly flinched, but relaxed after a while...

Then he muttered softly, "I'll protect you, the monsters can't get you anymore."

-

A/N note:

ayo hitman bang introduces -

jk waddup children it's your lame-ass author back again with an update because why not :/ i hope you're enjoying the quality content you signed up for when you added this book to your library/reading list. i'm trying to add a lot of sugar and make this sweet and fluffy. but hold up pumpkin, angst is coming soon muahaha. i hate angst but y'know climax and cliff-hangers keep the story interesting. i'm really lazy to type some more, so please appreciate the 500+ words i gave you. 

bye lovelies, ur author signing off.

[unedited btw]