21

After that look-at-picture-write-what-you-see examination, I was confident that I was going to fail. Why? Because I left it blank! Yes, genius, I know.

I didn't think that the picture was worthy enough for me to use energy and write.

I walked past a group of girls in the palace. Yes, we were aloud to roam around a place specially designed and built for us. "Prince Kim is going to look at our exam scripts... I wrote a whole essay just to pass, I really hope he passes me!" A girl, who I recognise as the one who told me to shut up while I was jamming to Seventeen, said nervously.

Taehyung is going to think that I'm dying to quit and eliminate me from this ceremony. HA!

-

"Results are out!" A guard announced. That's fast. How many graders are there?

Girls rushed to see their fate, uhm, results and mentally begged to have passed. Well - it was quite obvious to see who passed and who didn't, because there was a huge difference in their facial expressions.

4 girls from my team were balling their eyes out, sobbing like a maniac. Some people were crying out of joy, laughing and having tears stream down their faces at the same time.

I knew I failed, so no point in seeing my results. I walked away from the overcrowded place and decided to head for the pond.

All of a sudden, Nayeon walked past me and spat in my face. "Wow, Oompa Loompa. Don't you have manners?" I turned my head and glared at her.

"I hate you to death!" Nayeon screeched. Like a car¿

"Yeah, woah. Breaking news, the feeling is mutual!" I answered. "But why so random? What'd I do? I mean - other than exposing you?"

"Oh, please. Don't act stupid! I thought only intelligent women can pass the test," Nayeon hissed.

"I didn't pass - WHAT?!"

-

Yeah, okay. My life is over, it's over for good. Taehyung is evil. He is very evil, indeed.

As I sat at the bench facing the pond, my face as glum as it could be, an arm slung around my shoulders and someone sat on the bench.

"Shouldn't you be happy? I passed you!" A deep voice exclaimed happily, squeezing my cheeks.

"Wh-why did you dO tHat?" I replied. "That's the dumbest thing ever!"

"No, you're the dumbest thing ever," he answered nonchalantly.

"What a way to boost my already dead self-confidence!" I faked a happy voice.

"Be appreciative, child! Only 24 girls are left, did you know?" Taehyung furrowed his brows.

"I left my paper blank, how on earth could you let me pass?" I sighed. He shrugged and a cheeky box-smile plastered his face.

"I hate you..." I muttered.

"I love you too!" Taehyung chuckled. I rolled my eyes and asked, "So, what's the next exam?"

"Cooking! And I'll be tasting all of them. JUST ME! HOW EXCITING IS THAT?" Taehyung started hyping himself up.

"What's the use of cooking? Like, don't the servants cook instead?"

"Yeah, and the future queen must, demanded by my father, know how to cook food that fits my taste and also help out in the kitchen sometimes."

-

The next exam is tomorrow, and I guess I can cook pretty well. If you consider cooking cup noodles as the only dish you know how to make very good then... yeah. I'm pretty talented.