42

He looked back at us...

One of them.

Jinyoung, with his quick-ass reflexes, threw a punch at the man, cracked his skull and snapped his neck all in a second.

"Damn,"

"Get out of the car, princess!" Jinyoung ordered.

I stepped out hurriedly, but we were already surrounded.

"Put your hands up if you don't wanna die," One of them said, pointing a gun at my head. I lifted up both hands, palms in the air.

Both of us had our arms lifted, annoyance in Jinyoung's face and slight frustration in mine.

However, we heard sirens. Police sirens.

The police... is here?

"Damn it! RUN!" The leader shouted, getting into the car and taking off on his own. His gang members were running behind on their own.

The police cars surrounded the gang, with more guns pointed at their heads. Two policemen came towards me and quickly led me to the car.

"Wait! My friend!"

"Your highness, we must leave now,"

"No, my friend, take him with us."

"Sorry, your highness, I'm afraid we can't-"

"Please!"

The police looked at me with hesitance, gave a slight sigh and ran towards Jinyoung to bring him with us.

While the gang was being arrested, the two of us together with the two guards got into the car. One more police car was following us, making sure nothing would happen again.

"Hey, thanks," Jinyoung looked at me.

"You're welcome, I'm not getting separated ever again,"

He gave a childish smirked and turned to face the window.

"Just stay at the castle for a while, I'm pretty sure Taehyung wouldn't mind," I told him, patting his hand comfortingly.

"Let's hope so..." He sighed.

-

"SHE BROUGHT A STRANGER INTO THE PALACE?!" Taehyung yelled.

"Calm down, Tae. It's her childhood friend," Jin cringed at the sudden shouting.

"CHILDHOOD FRIEND? WELL THAT MAKES EVERYTHING BETTER, DOESN'T IT?" Taehyung flung his arms up into the air, staring at Jin in bewilderment.

"YOU KNOW- I'VE BEEN READING SOME NOVELS THAT HAE WON RECOMMENDED ME-"

"THERE'S NO NEED TO SHOUT, TAEHYUNG." Namjoon shouted back.

"OKAy sorry!" Taehyung lowered his volume. "As I was saying, the novels Hae Won recommended me, she calls them 'fan-fictions'? I read some of them, and the girl will fall for her childhood friend!"

"What kind of novel is that? How basic." Yoongi stated, a look of disgust on his face.

"Don't worry, the childhood friend has to be handsome, so you won't have to worry. I'm pretty sure you're 100 times better looking than him." Jimin reassured him, patting his back.

"Yeah... I bet.."

"He's handsome," Jungkook muttered to Hoseok.

"I agree, man!" Hoseok yelled back.

"SHH!" Jungkook hurriedly shushed him.

"What does he look like?" Jin asked. "Maybe I have competition, it's the first time I heard Jungkook call someone not from this group handsome,"

"He looks like he's from a Korean idol group!" Jungkook exclaimed. "He's really cool, he can fight well!"

"Namjoon, Jungkook is no longer your admirer," Yoongi snickered, nudging Namjoon.

"You guys aren't helping!" Taehyung whined, a pout forming on his face as he slumped into his chair. The rest immediately quietened down.

"If you're afraid he steals Hae Won from you, just show her that you're more charming and better than him. She will definitely not leave you." Hoseok suggested.

"Yes... that's what I have to do..."

A moment of silence blew past.

"OK!" Taehyung shouted as he shot up from his seat.

"HOLY DAmn, what the fuck?!" Yoongi cussed, shocked by the sudden voice.

"Let's get to work!"

"Nono, not so fast. You have yet to recover and heal from your injuries. You will not start work until I say so," Namjoon immediately pushed him back down. "We will handle this, don't worry."

"No but-"

"He's right, you should rest. I'm sure Hae Won is very worried about you,"

"TAE!" I busted into the study room.

"Hae Won? OH MY GOSH!  Are you okay? Did you get hurt?" He immediately rushed forward to hug me.

"I should be asking you that question! How are you okay?! We haven't gotten the antidote yet!"

"I guess... you could say my immune system has been built up after many years of experience?" He replied, still hugging me.

"NO. Have you been given medicine? How are you feeling now?" I continuously asked him, both palms on his shoulder.

"Don't worry, I'm fine, I told you.. I've built up the strength!" He chuckled.

Built up? Has he been poisoned..

before?