Chapter Ten

{Betty's POV}

   I stabbed a man.

   I nearly killed a man with my own two hands.

   As I lie here, in Jughead Jones' bed, in the Serpent Kings bed, I'm unsure of what I feel. Two days ago, I had a relatively normal life. I worked in the Riverdale Body Shop, went home, hung out with Archie and Veronica, I repeated the same routine everyday. And now? I've stabbed a man, and I'm in bed with a Southside Serpent.

   I don't know what to think.

   All I know is that I like it.

   "Good morning, Juliet" that familiar, now raspy voice says. I look to my right and my eyes meet those of Jugheads. His black hair was messy and eyes tired. He still had cuts and bruises across his body.

   "Good morning" I smile. He leans over, placing his lips on mine. My smile widens into the kiss. "How are you feeling?"

   "I feel great" he bursts. As he throws the covers off of him and stands, I can't help but to look at his butt.

   I had to!

   "I meant you're cuts, smart one"

   "I've had worse before Betty, I'll be fine. The real question is, how are you doing?" He asks sitting on the bed next to me.

   "Honestly, I don't know... my neck hurts a little" I state. His eyes fall, sadness filling them. "But Jug? I'm happy" I smile, placing my hand over his.

   "That's all I want Juliet, for you to be happy" he says, though his eyes still show sadness. "Come on, let's go get some food" he smiles. With a small grunt, I stand to my feet. One of his many shirts fall to just below my butt. I pull on a pair of shorts Toni had loaned me the night before, and then I follow his lead down the stairs. Only a few people stand around chatting, Toni stand behind the counter and Cheryl on a bar stool.

   "Well, well. Look who's finally awake!" Toni says, causing Cheryl to turn and meet my eyes. "What can I get for you guys?"

   "Just two waters for now, we're gonna head to Pops here soon." Jug says.

   "How do you guys know each other?" Cheryl asks. Classic Cheryl, unlike everyone else who wears a black leather Serpent jacket, hers is her infamous cherry red.

   "I worked on his bike a few days ago and we just started hanging out" I smiled. I haven't talked to nor seen Cheryl since my fathers funeral. After that, she disappeared. Now I know it was to join the Serpents.

   Cheryl hasn't had a great life. While she grew up very wealthy, her family were monsters. I'm sophomore year, her brother Jason was murdered. What makes it worse, Cheryl's father was the murderer.

   "And now you're the Serpent Queen?" She asks.

   Am I?

   "Cheryl, she's with me. That's how it is, got it?" Jughead states. She stares at him, her eyes showing something I can't depict.

   "Well, cousin. Looks like you and me are going to have to catch up!" She exclaims. Her eyes keep snapping to Jughead, who is watching her carefully. If I didn't know any better I'd say they had something between them. But I do know better, and I know that Cheryl and Toni have been together since Junior year. "How about tonight, us girls go out for some fun?"

   "That sounds fun, Veronica's in town too. I bet she'd love to see you" I state.

   "Perfect! We'll all meet here tonight at 7 okay?" I smile with a nod. As she stands a walks away, I turn to a Jughead who is following her moves.