Chapter Thirty

{Jugheads POV}

It had been awhile now since Betty went to speak to my mother about Jellybean staying here. I was sat at the bar watching as Cheryl and Fangs gave Jellybean a lesson on how to play pool.

It was weird watching her, watching my sister. The last time I saw her, she was so young. She had so much hope for this world. Now when I look at her, I see the same sadness in her eyes as are in mine. She hides it by laughing and smiling, but I know better. This 15 year old girl has been through hell and back. But how? What happened over all those years that she was with my mother?

"She looks so much like you" Toni said behind me. My only response was a nod. "Do you think she's going to stay?"

"I don't know" I sighed. I would give anything to be able to finally have my sister again. "If she does, she can't stay here. I'm not letting a 15 year old girl live inside a bar" I stated, causing her to laugh.

"What if your mom stays as well?" That question caused my heart to jump. No, I don't think my mother would just leave JB here with us and go back to Toledo. But that doesn't mean I don't have hopes. "Jug, you're going to have to talk to her one way or another. And not under the influence of alcohol this time."

"I have nothing to say to that woman" I stated angrily. All I got in return was an annoyed sigh from Toni before she made her way out from behind the bar.

"It's time to grow up, Jones. Move on from the past." She said before making her way to join Cheryl and the others. Of course what she said caused my blood to boil, but she had a point.

A point I'd much rather ignore.

Thinking about speaking with that woman made my palms sweaty and my heart rate quicken.

A metallic taste in the back of my throat made my mouth water. The stench of alcohol causing my mouth to water more. I live in a bar, alcohol surrounds me. Usually I'm not too keen on the taste. But the moment that woman stepped back into my life, I needed it.

I reached behind the counter, grabbing the nearest thing. A bottle of vodka. I took a large swig, the burning sensation running down my throat. The sweating eased, my heart rate slowing to normal.

I took another swig before placing it back in its spot and turning back around in my chair. As if on cue, a familiar blonde haired beauty emerged from a room. Almost immediately her eyes caught mine, causing a smile to form on her face.

"So?" I asked, both hopeful and fearful.

"Well.." she started as she took a seat on the stool next to me. "I'm not positive but, I'm pretty sure we're going to have to enroll Jellybean in school" she smiled. My heart jumped at the statement. "They didn't give me a definitive yes or no but, your dad said they'd start making arrangements"

"So, she's staying?" I ask, a smile on my face.

"Yes... they both are" she pointed out. And just like that, my smile was gone. "Jug... do you want your sister to stay here?" Betty asked, her soothing voice flowing through my ears. She placed her hand on top of mine.

"Of course I do."

"Then that means you're going to have to deal with your mother staying here as well..." she trailed off, squeezing my hand reassuringly. My blood began to boil again, I needed more alcohol. "I'm not saying you have to talk to her right now... you have to do that on your own terms.... but, she is your mother Jughead. At one point or another... you have to decide whether to forgive her or not..." she trailed off.

She had a point. Just like Toni did.

Though she was nicer about it.

"Just like she does, you have to think about what's best for Jellybean. Because the two of you hating each other isn't it...." she said, placing my hand under my chin forcing me to look at her. Her eyes were full of nothing but love and kindness. Her look can calm any emotion that flows through me. My response was a small nod. She smiled, placing her lips on mine in a warm kiss. I nearly whined once she pulled away.

This woman, is the most important person in my world. Imagining my life with out her by my side is nothing short of torture.

"You don't have any plans tonight, right?" I asked.

"Not that I'm aware of.." she chuckled.

"Good. You do now, Juliet." I smiled, placing one more kiss on her lips. "Instructions will follow, be prepared" I smiled.

"What?" She laughed, watching me as I stood.

"You will see" I smiled before leaving her to her questioning brain and making my way over Veronica.

"Hey Jughead" she smiled.

"V, I need your help."

____________________
Hello!!!!

Relatively short chapter!!

The next chapter is going to be longer, I promise!!!

-Danii LeeAnn