Chapter Fourty

{Betty's POV}

   My head was pounding with pain as I began to regain consciousness. As I opened my eyes, I groan escaping my mouth, my eyes filled with poorly lit wooden crates and concrete floors. It took a moment for my eyes to adjust, but I soon realized I was in a warehouse.

   As I attempted bringing my hands to my head, I couldn't. They were tied down on the arms of a chair, along with my legs. My heart began pounding in fear as I started remembering what had happened. As I started realizing where I was.

   "Betty...." a familiar voice grunted to my side. I turned to see Veronica. She had dried blood on her forehead and her tights had been cut. She was tied the same way as me.

   "Veronica! Are you okay??" I asked urgently. She didn't answer. "How long have you been awake?"

   "Off and on for, maybe an hour...." she trailed. "What do you think they're gonna do to us?"

   "I don't know..... I'm so sorry V, this is all because of Evelyn..." I explained. She nodded knowingly. As I was about to speak again, I was interrupted by the sound of footsteps. An older man, and four others were walking towards us. As they came into sight, I recognized one of them. Malachi.

   "Well, well, well! Look who's finally awake!" The older man exclaimed. "Betty Cooper"

   "Who are you?" I asked. He let out an evil snicker. "What do you want from us?"

"Revenge" he stated simply. It's as though the world stopped when he said that.

   "Revenge for what? I don't even know you" I explained.

   "I was promised something years ago, by the Jones' family. I never got it. So now I want revenge! So I'm going to do that by taking away something that your so called king loves. You." He explained further. He was slowly pacing in front of Veronica and I. My eyes met those of Malachi's. He was standing behind the man with his arms crossed. The moment I caught his gaze, he quickly looked down.

   "Why does Veronica have to be involved?" I asked, turning my gaze to the man.

   "Now, that was a condition to finding out where you were and who you are. You see, I was banished from Riverdale after your boyfriends father kicked me out. So I needed some intel. And that's where he came in" he stated before moving to the side to reveal one of the other men standing behind him.

   My heart stopped at the sight of who was now standing in front of me. He hasn't changed a bit.

   Archie.

   "Archie?" Veronica asked, astonished. "Y-you're working with this lunatic?!" She exclaimed. "How could you do this to us!?"

   "You left me!!! And you refused to listen to me!!" He shouted pointing to us. "You left me for some low life Serpent, Veronica. And you refuse to listen when I told you how dangerous it was to join a gang!!"

   "So, instead of talking to us, you start working with a known gang member and help him kidnap us?" I asked dumb founded.

   "He's not a gang member.." it took everything in me not to laugh in his face.

   "This man is the father of a girl named Evelyn. Who threatened me because Jughead no longer loves her. Evelyn is the leader of The Ghoulies, Archie." As I said that, the man pulled his phone out of his pocket and began playing a video. As I watched him, his face began turning bright red and his eyes filling with anger. The voices were muffled, all I could hear was a painful scream. And that's when he looked at me.

   Without a word, he tromped towards me and slapped me with the back of his hand. My entire body was taken over by pain as I tried my hardest not to show fear.

   "What the hell man!?" Archie yelled. Two of the mean quickly restrained him while Malachi stood idly by with shock on his face.

   "Your little boyfriend.... wants you back. He's threatening to kill my daughter!!!" He screamed before smacking me again. "He chopped off one of her fingers!!" He screamed. As he paced in front of me, I watched as he pulled out a knife. Fear shot through my heart as he continued pacing. "Which one of you so I kill???"

   "No, please!!" Veronica screamed as his eyes fixated on her. The knife was clutched in his hands. As he placed the tip of it on her thigh, I screamed.

   "No!!!! It's me you want, right?! I'm the queen!! Hurt me" I pleaded. As his eyes looked me up and down, I felt more violated than ever before. "The only person you want is me" I hissed. As he stood over me, all I could think about was Jughead. His eyes, the way they peered into mine with so much love. The way he held me close when we were together, trying his hardest to never lose me. The way he smiled at me when he thought I wasn't looking.

   Within seconds, there was pain shooting through my cheek. He punched me. And he kept punching me. My face. My stomach. My arms. He kicked me. After the first few hits, I was numb. I felt nothing. The screams of Veronica and Archie soon faded into nothingness. I was fully numb, unable to see or hear anything. The last thing I felt was the coldness of the knife being stabbed through my stomach.

   And then nothing.

   Nothing but Jugheads eyes.

__________________

Hey everyone!!!

I'm sorry, this chapter sucks!!

But poor Betty!!!!! Is she going to live???

How stupid can Archie be!?!

Anyways, I believe this book my be coming to and end here soon. I love writing this book!! I just feel as though it may be dragging on... I'd love to write a second book I just don't know what it could be about!! I will definitely keep you all posted!! I will still be writing of course!!!

Let me know what you guys think and if I should make a second book to this!! :)

-Danii LeeAnn