Chapter Thirty Five

{Betty's POV}

"Care to explain?" I asked once that girl was finally out of the room. My heart beat fast as my hands began shaking against me. I could tell my eyes were wide. I didn't know whether to be mad, confused, or what?

   What does a usual girl do when she walks in on her boyfriend standing inches away from another girl?

   The girl that had been glaring it me.

   "Betty...." he trailed. I could tell he was scared, scrambling for the right words. I couldn't move, I was frozen with fear and concern.

   "Who is she?" I asked finally. He sighed, looking down.

   "H-her name is Evelyn Evernever...."

   "And what was Evelyn doing up here, with you Jug?" I asked. The hurt in my voice filled the empty room.

   "I didn't know she was up here! She ambushed me.... Betty please.... she's a- a friend from my childhood.. I-I haven't seen her in 5 years..." he explained through stuttering words. As I stood there and stared at him, I felt more confused than ever. Do I believe him?

   "Is that all? Do you know why she's here?"

   "She wouldn't tell me... please Betty.. nothing happened!" He assured through wide, terrified eyes. His breathing was heavy and he was sweating in his jacket.

   "Okay.." I stated. I didn't know what else to say. Who am I to accuse him of lying when honestly, I don't know if he is or not.

   The silence around us was interrupted by the ringing of a phone. With a heavy sigh, Jughead answered it.

   "Hello?..............What? Really?......... Well be right down" and with that he hung up the phone.

   "What is it, Jug?" I asked as he entwined our hands together and began pulling me down the stairs.

   "Fangs is awake." He simply said. Those words pushed all my worries about Evelyn away, at least for a moment. I followed him to the stage where he whistled to get those who were still here's attention. "Everyone! I just got the call from Sweetpea that Fangs is awake!!!" He exclaimed. Everyone cheered as I scanned the crowd. "Betty and I are about to head over there to visit!! Well keep everyone updated!!" He said before making his way towards the bar to Cheryl and Toni. "You two, can you keep an eye on everyone while we're gone?"

   "You got it, Jug" Cheryl smirked.

   "Thanks" Jughead said as he tapped the bar. As we were about to turn around, a voice filled everyone's ears and made us all stop dead in our tracks.

   "Can I come with?" A vindictive voice said. I turned to be met with her. Evelyn. She was gorgeous. Her dark curly hair and form fitting clothing. She was breath taking, even for me.

   "Evelyn? What are you doing here" Toni asked angrily.

   "Hello to you too Toni-Bear! I see the pink hair is still treating you, well, it's treating you" Evelyn said, her voice like a constant whine.

   "That didn't answer my question" Toni growled.

   "I'm here to visit!" She squealed. I looked at Toni and Jughead, both of them showing so much emotion. Both angry. But Jug, he was also scared. His hands were shaking with fear as he stared at her. "We haven't officially met, I'm Evelyn" she smiled at me, holding out her hand.

   "Betty." I stated simply, reluctantly shaking her hand. Her eyes and smile were anything but friendly as she glared into my soul.

   "The Serpent Queen" she snickered. "That's a hard role to achieve"

   "Betty, let's go. Evelyn, you're staying here. I'll deal with you later" Jughead said angrily before grasping my wrist, a little too hard, and pulling me towards the door.

    "I'll be waiting!" She called after. As I followed Jughead to his motorcycle, my head filled with confusion, discomfort and annoyance.

   Who is this girl?

   How does Jughead actually know her?

   Why was Toni so angry at her appearance?

   Is Jughead lying about her?

___________________

Hello everyone!!!

I'm so sorry this is a really shitty chapter!!! I'll have a longer and better one updated tomorrow!!!!

I might update multiple tomorrow!!!

Thank you so much for reading, just bare with me!!!

-Danii LeeAnn