Chapter Twenty Eight

{Betty's POV}

"Betty, it's been two days..." Cheryl started as she handed me a water from behind the bar. "He has yet to come out of his bedroom..."

"I know Cheryl... I just don't know what to do.." I sighed. Two days. Two days since I last saw him. Two days since he fell off the deep end, thanks you his parents.

"I think you should go talk to him...." she said shyly. She has a point, I haven't been able to bring myself to see him since what happened. "He needs you right now, Betty.... you're the only important thing in his life besides us"

"I don't even know what to say to him, Cher" I stayed, already feeling the tears come to my eyes. She sighed.

"You need to tell him how you feel...." a voice said behind me. I turned to be met with Jellybean. "That's something that mom and dad could never do with him.... tell him the truth about how they actually feel."

"He's never really talked to me about.... anything.... before. Why does he hate your mom so much?" I asked.

"She left. She only took me because I was so young. He was old enough to be on his own, at least in her mind. So she left" she shrugged. "We never came back here, she refused to answer the phone when Jughead called... she pushed him away. My guess is because he reminded her too much of dad... and what he did...." as I sit here and watch her, I can't help but wonder, what did his dad do?? From what I've picked up, he was an alcoholic and a drug addict but, what else could he have done? "Just, talk to him please?" She said before walking away.

With one long sigh, I pushed myself to my feet and began my walk to the bedroom I haven't stepped foot in in days. As I reached the outside of the door, I stopped. My heart rate sped up and my breathing became hitched and heavy. Behind this door is where it happened, where everything happened.

   Reluctantly, I turned the golden doorknob and slowly pushed the door open. It creaked, giving away the fact it needs to be oiled badly. The room was stiff, the blinds shut, probably for days now. All lights were off minus the small desk lamp. Illuminating the pile of crumpled up papers and a few pens.

   "Jug??" I whispered, though it sounded as though I screamed at the top of my lungs. The room was silent for a moment, erie. "Jughead?"

   "Betty? Is that you?" His familiar voice whispered behind me. I turned to see him slowly sitting up on the bed. His black hair was a mess, greasiest than usual. He was in a shirt and basketball shorts.

   "It's me..." I trailed off. He stayed silent, not moving from his seating position on the bed. "How are you doing?" His response is a shrug. My heart rate is still high as I make my way to his side. Sitting on the bed, I could feel him tense up. "Jug.... you need to come out of here at some point..."

"Why?"

"Everyone misses you... everyone wants to know that you're okay" I say, placing a hand on his knee. "I miss you..." for the first time in days, his eyes lock on mine. Glazed and wet, he looked at me with so much sadness.

"Im so sorry, Betty....." he choked through tears. My heart ached at the sight of him in so much pain. "Im so sorry......" he cried.

"Juggie......" I said as I wrapped my arms around him. Almost immediately he fell into me, shaking as he held me. "It's going to take me awhile Jug.... what you did.. it wasn't okay.... but I do forgive you" I whispered. He was shaking as he was sobbing into my chest. "I forgive you Jug..."

"I don't deserve your forgiveness..." he sobbed.

"No. You do not get to say that." I demanded, forcing him up and to look at me. "You need to own up to what you did so we can get through it together." He looked over me a moment, then he started sitting up straight, his tears ceasing. "I forgive you, Jughead" I said once more. The room fell silent, is just staring at each other. His breathing gradually became steady as his eyes fell to my arms. I was wearing an elbow length shirt, covering the marks he had left.

"C-can I see....?" He choked. I nodded, slowly pulling the sleeves up to reveal the hand print- bruises on my biceps. His breathing hitched in his throat as he began to trace the painful prints. "Betty...."

"They will heal, Jug" I stated.

"Why did you stay?" He asked finally.

"I have my reasons. Right now, this situation, is not the way I want it to be. So what's going to happen, you're going to shower, get dressed, and come downstairs for some well needed food" I ordered. Standing to my feet, I took his hands in mine and brought him to his feet. "Now, shower!"

"Are you going to join me?" He said, with the smile I've missed so much. I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Go shower, Jug" I laughed. He smiled once more before placing a kiss on my forehead and disappearing into the bathroom.

My Jug is back.

__________________

Hey everyone!!!

Sort of a filler chapter!!

-Danii LeeAnn