Chapter Fifteen

{Betty's POV}

   "What are you guys doing here?" I asked, confusion filling me. The last time I saw Veronica, we argued about the fact of me wanting to become a Serpent. The last time I saw Archie we were at Pops and he got on my ass about even being near Jughead.

   "Betty, are you sure this is a good idea?" He asks once we make it to the other side of the shop.

   "What do you mean, Archie?"

   "Hanging out with this guy, he's bad news B. I don't want you getting hurt" he stated.

   "Arch, I will be fine!" I assure him.

   "Betty, this guy looks like a criminal! I need you to stay away from him." He ordered. I just looked at him, my blood beginning to boil.

   "Excuse me?"

   "I'm just trying to look out for-"

   "No. You have NO RIGHT to tell me who I can and can't hang out with Archie. No right. Jughead is my friend, and you're just going to have to deal with that!" I state, pointing my finger at him. I walk back over to Veronica and Jughead, refusing to let him speak again.

   "Jughead actually called us..." Veronica answered. I turn to face Jughead, his smile warming me. I can't help but cup his cheek and press my lips against his.

   "Thank you" I whispered, his smile the only thing in return. "Let's go sit down" I state as I lead them over to the couch.

"How have you been, Betty?" Archie asks.

"I've been really good!" I smile. I can't help but think that Jughead called them, my best friends. He called them to make me happy.

"Betty...I'm so sorry about what happened.." Veronica trailed off. "I was just worried about you. I still am! I'm sorry.."

"V, it's okay. I'm sorry I ever worried you... I'm really happy you guys" I smile, my eyes landing on Archie's, who doesn't seem so convinced. "These people mean a lot to me"

"We just don't want you getting hurt" Archie says.

"And I won't, Arch. I know what I'm doing, plus Jughead protects me. He cares for me" I smile, the words coming out causing me to feel weightless. That is until I hear Archie's scoff.

"Archie!" Veronica hisses.

"What? You really believe that some gang member is going to protect her? He probably just brought her here to screw her and then he's gonna dump her!" Archie yelled. Veronica sat frozen along with me. "They're criminals Betty! How can you feel safe with them!?"

"Archie, what is wrong with you!?" I scream. The bar has dropped silent, all eyes are on us.

"What's wrong with me!? What's wrong with you!? The fact that you're dumb enough to think these people would actually protect you!!" He screamed. I fell silent, his words repeating in my mind.

"Okay, that's it! Get out of here kid!!" A Serpent yelled. I looked over to see Sweetpea and Fangs walking towards us.

"Or what!?" Archie yelled.

Oh no.

"If you care about your precious face, it'd be in your best interest to leave" Sweetpea stated, pulling out his switch blade. My heart rate quickened. "Leave kid"

"I'll be here when you finally come to your senses Betty!" He yelled as Fangs and Sweetpea pushed him out the front door. I just watched as my best friend from childhood soon became just a memory. His words still repeating.

"He won't be coming back, Betty" Fangs said, sending a condoling smile my way.

"Are you okay?" Sweetpea asked. I couldn't force words out, my mind was racing. "Do you need some water, or air?" He asked. I just nodded.

"I'll be right back..." I managed to get out to Veronica before I pushed my self to my feet and ran up the stairs. Pushing the door to the roof open, I lean on the ledge, trying to catch my breath. Tears began falling down my cheeks as I tried to grasp the events that just happened.

Where does he get the right to judge everyone here? What makes him think all the horrible things?

But then I think...

I used to think those things. Not nearly as bad as Archie but, I grew up being taught that they were criminals. That they were bad people. Their not. These are some of the most amazing people I've ever met. They're caring, loving and protect their own. They understand that you don't have to be blood to be family. And I envy that.

"Betty!?" I hear a familiar voice yell. I turn to see Jug pushing the door open, fear and concern in his eyes. "Oh my god, are you okay?" He asked as he walked towards me pulling me into a tight hug.

"I'm okay, Jug"

"I'm so sorry I wasn't with you, I was having a meeting and- oh my god I'm so sorry Juliet" he rambled. I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Jug, really. I'm okay! Sweetpea and Fangs threw him out. I just needed some air.." I tricked off.

"I called them because I thought they'd make you happier after what happened with your mom..."

"Thank you, Jughead. The fact that you did that means the world to me!" I smile, cupping his cheeks. He sends a smile smile, his eyes watery. "You're amazing Jughead" I whisper before placing my lips on his.

It was a kiss unlike most of the others. It was soft, caring.

"Betty-"

"Sorry to interrupt..." Cheryl said, peeking through the door. "We have company Jughead.."

Our eyes meet with confusion before we follow Cheryl down the stairs. First my eyes catch those of Veronica's. she's sitting at the bar with Sweetpea by her side. Everyone's faces show concern as they look at a woman I've never seen, along side an older man.

She's blonde and short, a smirk on her face as she catches our gaze. She's wearing a Southside Serpent jacket.

The man is tall, his eyes dark. He holds a duffle bag over his shoulder as he stares at Jughead. He's also wearing the jacket.

My mind swirls with confusion as I turn to Jughead for an answer. His gaze doesn't meet mine.

"You didn't think you could get rid of me that easily, now did you Jughead?" The woman said, her smirk evil. I feel him tense at my side.

"I'm back, boy" the man says.

What I hear next, what everyone already knows, fills me with fear.

"Dad"

__________________

Hey guys!!! Sorry I haven't posted in three days!! I'm gonna try to post a bunch more these next few days!!

Whhhaaattt!? "Dad" is back!?

-Danii LeeAnn